Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that people get really upset about any comment here that doesn't praise Taurus, but I'd really like an answer here.

Does Taurus try to avoid customers as much as possible or have I just done a poor job of finding their email address and 800 number? And have I merely not learned the proper method of operating several of their website features that keep telling me they aren't working - like the Model Lookup search or the Service Response Link?

Thanks a million

JimL

Administrator
I haven't been able to get the model lookup feature on the website to work either. No big deal. But I never had a problem calling them. Numbers from the owners manual are what I used, if I recall correctly. :shooter:

Registered
I could not find an 800 number for them either. Even in thier correspondence they only list (305) 624-1115 (Phone) and (305) 624-1126 (fax) as their customer service phone numbers. Kind of unusual in this day and age when just about every company has "800" numbers and e-mail for contact for customers. If you want to call them about a warranty issue you have to do it on your dime. :(

Registered
It is frustrating to not be able to use something as common as an 800 number or an email address in this day an age. I also understand the problems that you are having and how annoying it is to have these limited options. I wish we could offer more then words of comfort, but there isn't much else to offer since many of those here have been in your shoes.

Registered
After getting the message "No matches for your serial number were found" at their site: http://www.taurususa.com/products/findmodel.cfm I called the 800 number and got the mfg. date within two minutes. The person that talked to explained that it is a new pistol (made this year) and they have yet to enter that information on the site.

Registered
JimL said:
Does Taurus try to avoid customers as much as possible or have I just done a poor job of finding their email address and 800 number?
In all fairness some other gun companies don't have 800 numbers, for example Ruger. I also don't think they make email addresses available, too. I wouldn't say Taurus and Ruger are trying to avoid their customers, though. Sure it would make it easier to contact the company if they provided email and 800 numbers, but then you have to consider the cost involved, too. 800 numbers mean that the company is fully paying for the call and email means that they have to hire and train a staff to read, respond, and monitor the incoming and outgoing emails... not to mention they would have to hire staff to maintain the mail servers, etc. The upshot is that companies like Ruger and Taurus can't produce and sell guns within the price ranges they do and at the same time offer all the amenities one might find with the companies that charge much more for their firearms and can afford the 800 numbers and email servers, etc.

And, btw, that isn't to say I wouldn't prefer toll free calls, etc. but I have to understand they are in business to make a buck and at the same time produce quality products at a low price. So, they have to control their margins somewhere. It isn't anything personal against their customer base I am sure.

Registered
I miss spoke, I called their customer service number, 305-624-1115, not an 800 number.

Registered
I don't have a cell phone because we don't have cell phone coverage were we live. I have no desire to ever have a cell phone either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts