Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just called gun shop,a 605 stainless is $369.Didn't think to ask barrel size.Prefer the 3". Does the price seem the norm? Any other thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Buds Gun Shop has them on Gunbroker.com for just under $300; as far as I know this model only comes in the 2" variation.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
$369 sound a little high. However, Gander Mountain recently jacked up all their prices due to adding some additional services that I suspect many owners won't use. Based on their prices it's about right.

Steelheart

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to the Bud's site.While looking for a local gun shop that would accept an order from Bud's I called them.They have a "like new" 605 for $250.Have to go and check them out saturday.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Love my 605SSCH with CT laser grips, sometimes it's my primary carry and sometimes it's my BUG. My next quest is to get a Ultra Lite one for carry and put the CT grips on it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ordered the stainless 605 with 3".Be in Tuesday.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I just looked on the Taurus website and they do have the 605 in 3" now; but no pics up! When yours come in, post us up a pic; I look forward to checking it out.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I looked to see if a ported model was available but the book he was ordering it from didn't offer any.I considerd the 617 but wanted a 3".It came to $329.This gun shop has a 90 day layaway. and you can layaway special orders.So a new AR-15 might be in my future.I will try to post a pic of the 605 but I haven't had much luck pic posting.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
I think Taurus mostly got away from the porting several years back. Yes, they still have it on some models but not nearly as much as they did for a while there.

Steelheart

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Durnit! Looked at the revolver today.Shipped a 2" instead of the 3".And since I bought a Beretta going on 3 weeks ago I have to wait untill 30 days is up.The revolver is really nice looking well made ect.Gun shop is nice enough to take lay-aways on special orders I'll take the 2".I see Buds has the 3" for sale if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
If you specified a 3" barrel then I'd think the shop should have shipped the 2" back since it was the wrong item. But if you had actually accepted the gun (with the wrong length barrel) you are probably going to have to wait. Look at it this way, holsters for the 2" will be much easier to find.

Steelheart

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I figured 2" was ok once I saw the gun.I could of had it shipped back.Having to wait a couple weeks due to VA law is the kicker.Criminals must hate that 30 day waiting period.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A Fobus holster,and Hogue grips are on the way from The Gun Source.

·
Registered
77 Posts
605s are great snubs. I have a blue 2 1/4" ported version.it is very accurate and carrys nicely in a Bianchi pro 100 IWB.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've owned several Taurus revolvers.Always been pleased.The 605 I ordered looks to be even better judging by the fit and finish.I'll know in 2 weeks when my waiting period is up to see how it shoots.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love my 605 357 Mag SS 2" snub. It's a great CCW. I have bigger hands, so I purchased a Pachmayr Compac Grip which fit my hand like a glove. This week, I purchased a model 66 357 Mag SS with a 6" barrel. I wanted a range gun and shooting my 605 was a humbling experience at 20 yds. The 6" barrel on the 66 will hopefully boost my confidence. ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just brought it home.Still waiting for the grips and holster.Try to shoot it Fri.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts