Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had 3" Judge for a while now and love it. Just bought Raging Judge Magnum last week 6.5 in. Everything I read online says it is 6 shot and shoots 454 casull. Mine is 7 shot - don't think 454 casull will work. Can someone point me in the right direction to more info?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't own one but i think they say 454 on the gun if it can shoot that caliber. I know online i have found models that do and do not shoot the 454 casul that are labeled raging judge.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Didn't I read something about some raging judges getting the wrong cylinder? 7 shot reduced power from a lightweight model instead of 6 shot casull, they had to contact Taurus for a cylinder swap.
I don't think I dreamt this.

Yup here it is
POST 17
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/judge/60295-im-confused-7-shots-2.html

Hi Guys.
Just got off the line with Taurus Customer Service; They built the thing wrong, put a cylinder from the UltraLite in, and it is NOT safe for .454 or .45 +P loads.

They re just going to swap it out; Kind of a shame because this one has one of the best factory trigger pulls I've ever had, and the double action is quite nice too.

I'm halfway tempted to keep it as a collector item, due to the weird mistake. It might be worth something more; But if I do, someone will eventually end up blowing themselves up with it.

Pictures coming after I edit them and shrink them for the web. I'd have posted some last night, but no camera was handy. Unfortunately the one I have here isn't very good for this kind of photography, and my good one for closeups is out at 'the gulch'

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
There are two different models of raging judge magnums from what I found doing research before buying mine. The ultra light judge has a 7 shot cylinder but will not fire the 454, the one that shoots 454 has to have thicker walls so it is only a 6 shot. Hope that helps

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the .454. A gun dealer near me has the 45 Colt, seven shot, for sale. I looked at it before I got mine. I told him about the "POST 17" information, but he didn't seem to believe me. Looks like it is still up in the air as to whether these guns are regular production or a mistake.

·
Registered
358 Posts
The 7 shot is an ultralite model, it cannot shoot .454 casull loads.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,773 Posts
Just so y'all understand, this thread is 8 1/2 years old.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts