Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot my 24/7 today for the first time and noticed a couple of things when I was cleaning it that have me a tad concerned...

The barrel opening of the slide has what appears to be a crack. It's kinda obvious due to the solvent/grime.

Also, the bottom edges of the rail are now pretty rough. It's hard to see in the photo, but trust me...the edges are kinda ragged.

So, my question...

Should I give a damn about the slide and what to do about the ragged edges of the rails? I kinda figure to let the slide ride, and maybe hit the rails with some emery paper to smooth things out.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Re: 24/7 Pro issues...

1st - Nice close-ups on the pictures.......I been trying to get my camera to take pictures like that only to end up with a blurr in the picture :)

2nd - the frame will mate itself after a few hundred rounds so i dont think it is that much of a concern.

3rd - its hard to tell if the slide is cracked.........looks like a mark to me or a discoloration in the metal.

Take it back to where you purchased it and see if they can exchange it or do something about it since its brand new.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

kashdaddy said:
1st - Nice close-ups on the pictures.......I been trying to get my camera to take pictures like that only to end up with a blurr in the picture :)

2nd - the frame will mate itself after a few hundred rounds so i dont think it is that much of a concern.

3rd - its hard to tell if the slide is cracked.........looks like a mark to me or a discoloration in the metal.

Take it back to where you purchased it and see if they can exchange it or do something about it since its brand new.
Sportsmen's Warehouse..."All gun sales are final".

No biggie...I don't think the marking on the slide is a big deal.

·
Administrator
18,080 Posts

I agree with kashdaddy!

Due to it's hazy look, Your "crack" looks more like some imbedded grime, or Blueing Residue from the barrel, than a real flaw in the metal. I think it would go away with some aggresive cleaning, but I think you should just ignore it. Do properly lube the end of your barrel that rides/locks up on that surface.

As for the slide rails, lube them well and keep shooting it! They will wear in, as has been said!
A big No on the Emery Paper! :eek:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, the gun works, and I agree with not using emery paper on the frame rails.

I appreciate all the input. Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts