Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have full size 24/7Pro in .40cal. Gun is awesome to shoot, BUT hard to conceal. Its bulky and heavy and I am small guy 5' 10" and 170lbs. Right now I have Blackhawk SERPA CQC in black. While great holster, it sticks out quite a bit and is easily noticeable even with huge shirt over it...

WHat holsters do you use and how do you conceal your 24/7?

·
Registered
205 Posts
i use a crossbreed supertuck deluxe. its an IWB holster. does the job well, very comfortable. ive fallen asleep with it on before. since its IWB and tuckable, i can conceal it easily wearing a dress shirt and blousing it out a little. im 6'1" 220.

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
Our sponsor Theis, made mine that fits the 24/7, and I am about identical in size to you. If you have the C model, compact it is even easier. No matter what I try with mine that big grip would seen to show under a shirt. However under a loose jacket, or vest it disappears.

·
Registered
548 Posts
+1 for the Theis! Ill be ordering one for my 24/7 OSS in the near future. I carried my old P95 in a Theis and it worked great and that was a super heavy gun.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the great responses! Both Theis and Crosbreed holsters look like the best conceal holsters on the market, I am afraid that with the way I wear my jeans on the hips, they would still not work. Besides if I carry every day I need maneuverability. I do property management/maintenance including handling evictions in not so good areas of Phoenix. I am thinking of picking up Taurus TCP and just having it in my pocket. That would give me movement flexibility, ease of concealment and the TCP in .380 should still be effective in a bad situation....hmmm

·
Registered
548 Posts
You might try just going up one pant size to help with the IWB holster. As for maneuverability I think you'll find its not bad at all once you get the right pants with the IWB olster.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You might try just going up one pant size to help with the IWB holster. As for maneuverability I think you'll find its not bad at all once you get the right pants with the IWB olster.
I wish I could try the holster and see how it fits before spending $60+ shipping one it...

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I gather it's a full size 24/7 which it is indeed. See if you can trade for a compact 24/7 PRO C DS. It will carry much easier. I have both and the smaller is a winner.

·
Registered
227 Posts
i USE THE CROSSBREAS SUPER TUCK. I CAN CONCEAL A FULL SIZE 40 CAL WITH THE RIGHT CANT IN IT WITH NO PROBS THIS IS A .40 24/7 PRO C DS BUT I CAN EASILY SWITCH TO MY HUSBANDS 40 CAL SIG WITH NO DIFF AND U CANT EVEN TELL ITS ON ILL POST SOME MORE PICS WHEN I GET HOME

Attachments

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Thanks for the great responses! Both Theis and Crosbreed holsters look like the best conceal holsters on the market, I am afraid that with the way I wear my jeans on the hips, they would still not work. Besides if I carry every day I need maneuverability. I do property management/maintenance including handling evictions in not so good areas of Phoenix. I am thinking of picking up Taurus TCP and just having it in my pocket. That would give me movement flexibility, ease of concealment and the TCP in .380 should still be effective in a bad situation....hmmm
I had a similar problem. I trimmed down one of my CBSTs and went to the AIWB position. Combine that with a velcro backed belt & velcro clips and you have 100% concealment ability that is also "tuck-able".

-

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i USE THE CROSSBREAS SUPER TUCK. I CAN CONCEAL A FULL SIZE 40 CAL WITH THE RIGHT CANT IN IT WITH NO PROBS THIS IS A .40 24/7 PRO C DS BUT I CAN EASILY SWITCH TO MY HUSBANDS 40 CAL SIG WITH NO DIFF AND U CANT EVEN TELL ITS ON ILL POST SOME MORE PICS WHEN I GET HOME
More pics would be great with the full size...

·
Registered
36,032 Posts
I bought the 24/7 C as i knew i was going to use them as car guns and carry weapons, but the c is only about an inch shorter barrel, the big difference is in the 1 inch plus in grip length reduction!
but what works for me in most all cases carrying is to use the IWB in the small of the back, if right handed just get a left handed IWB holster.
the natural indention in the small of the back makes it easy to carry. sit, stand, move about as well as making the gun pretty much disappear.

·
Administrator
17,595 Posts
For my full size 9mm 24/7 Pro, I use either a Don Hume H715 IWB Holster (originally made for the 9mm H&K USP) or a generic Vertical Shoulder Rig, the latter which is my favorite, wardrobe permitting.

You can usually find the Don Hume IWB holsters fairly reasonably priced and the H715 also fits my .45 EAA Witness among other handguns as well.

·
Registered
205 Posts
tomorrow sometime i will put up some pics of me wearing my full size 9mm 24/7. cant even tell i have it on

·
Registered
848 Posts
I thought Arizona had Constitutional carry. If so, why do you need to worry about hiding it. Just wear it on your hip.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I thought Arizona had Constitutional carry. If so, why do you need to worry about hiding it. Just wear it on your hip.
Correct and I do wear it on my hip. However at times I would like to be able to conceal it.

·
Registered
612 Posts
+1 on this thread!

·
Registered
205 Posts
finally getting around to putting the pics up as i said i would. no, i didnt get dressed up to take them, but just goes to show that a 4 in barrel gun can be easily concealed IWB (for me anyway) all day.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts