Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking into both the 4510 public defender and the full size 3" magunm version of the judges to be used as personal carry guns. im a bigger guy but im not 100% certain if ill be able to conceal the magnum as well as the PD. also not sure if id need to have the magnum as a daily carry.

i live in AZ, so i guess comfort will be a bigger issue over concealment. and this will be my first ever taurus purchase ! ive been researching over the past couple years, nows the time has come =]

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Let me welcome you from the Northwoods of MN.

While I have looked at the Judges several times I have yet to make a decision on buying one so I cannot be of much help, but I am sure that there will be some other Judge owners along to give you their views.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to our humble abode. :cool:

I owned a Taurus Judge PD for a while, and currently own the Judge Ultralight (3" barrel). Both guns can be easily concealed in a good belt holster underneath a slightly oversized, untucked, print shirt. (Light, solid colored shirts will allow printing.)

Reactions: kschilk and LeRoy

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome! I agree with MilProGuy 100%. I carry the 2.5" PD in a belt holster under a loose untucked shirt or jacket. Wearing a tee or tank top under it between you and the gun helps protect you from chafing. The 2.5 " PD will even fit into a pocket if you keep the short grip on it. Its size takes some getting used to because however small it is, it's a substantial sized snubbie and you can really "feel" it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey all thankyou for the info and welcomes. i like near havasu city @ MD

and MilProGuy, they make a 3" barrel ultralight ? i dont recall seeing that on the website or blatantly passed over it =[

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and to be completely honest with everyone, im not limiting myself to just a judge/revolver i really like the new 24/4 g2c thats out there. the 17+1 really attracts me to it.
i do like revolvers and would like to eventually get the big ol 6.5 judge magnum just as a fun toy and or home defense gun, ive had a few people port the barrel and say the kick is very minimal.

i must have a nack for ( point of aim ) with majority of guns. my 1911 is dead on straight at when i do quick draws ( or lack there of ) :D, along with my dads luger 22lr, and the high standard 22 as well. the 1911 fits really nice and besides the stupid ivory grips my great grandfather put on them, the feel is really nice too. i thought about getting the SS 1911 in 9mm so its rather cheap to practice and still something im use to. i do however have more experience using the little 22lr revolver that i use while walking the dogs, i throw it in my pocket and away we go, it holds 9 rounds so if i ever have the need to scare off coyotes or a strange dog trying to eat my 2 little girls i have something to either hit shoot them with or just scare them off ( situation )

i do know that theres going to be few situations ( if any ) where ill need 12/15/17 rounds to pop off but i sometimes question if my luck will have it as ( need it and not have it )

thats the pickle im in. ultimately, i do have more experience with revolvers.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
hey all thankyou for the info and welcomes. i like near havasu city @ MD

and MilProGuy, they make a 3" barrel ultralight ? i dont recall seeing that on the website or blatantly passed over it =[
Ahh...they've been discontinued, regretfully. When I got ready to buy one, I had my LGS check their suppliers to see if they had a matte stainless Ultralight Judge, but all they had left was the blued Ultralight; and the clerk told me that they had been discontinued by Taurus as well.

Here's a couple of photos of mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lovely, well either way, im still interested in the 4510. im looking at reloading as well. trying to work out all the bugs before deciding =/

nice toys BTW =]=]=]

·
Registered
606 Posts
Welcome to these forums LeRoy. Lots of good info here not matter what type of firearm you get.

As stated previously, the Judge 3" Ultras are no more from Taurus. BUT, if you don't mind shopping online there's always a few for sale on Gunbroker.com...and most of them are new.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to these forums LeRoy. Lots of good info here not matter what type of firearm you get.

As stated previously, the Judge 3" Ultras are no more from Taurus. BUT, if you don't mind shopping online there's always a few for sale on Gunbroker.com...and most of them are new.

thanks for the tip! used is okay with me and i was even considering a blem model too...

since were on the subject... can anyone explain how ordering a gun online works ? i know my friend bought a hunting AK47 and he said he had it shipped to a shop here in havasu. so when i go and by a handgun, how do they do background checks and all that krapolah ??? will the shop here in lhc do this or what ?

·
Registered
606 Posts
since were on the subject... can anyone explain how ordering a gun online works ? i know my friend bought a hunting AK47 and he said he had it shipped to a shop here in havasu. so when i go and by a handgun, how do they do background checks and all that krapolah ??? will the shop here in lhc do this or what ?
When you purchase online from an out-of-state seller, the seller has to ship the firearm to a local-to-you FFL where you go to pick up the firearm. Your local FFL will perform a national background check on you and also is legally required to record this transfer in his formal books, that is why most FFLs charge a fee of $15 on up. Therefore the firearm's movement/sales can be traced throughout the US. That is why you hear much recently about 'closing the gun show' loophole, where two individuals perform this transaction without formally recording the transfer in some document/electronic format that the ATF/police can quickly access.

Some states have additional laws that must be followed also. I live in Illinois where in addition to to the national background check/record transfer, there is a requirement for the purchaser to have state-police-issued FOID card (Firearm Owners ID) and there is a waiting period based on type of firearm. In your state (Arizona?) I think there's less laws on buy/sell firearms, but if firearm comes from out-of-state it will still have to be shipped to a local FFL...let me/us know if I'm wrong. Its not too hard to find out the "krapolah" for your home state, just do a google search for "type-in-your-state-name gun laws".

Hope this helps!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts