Taurus Firearm Forum banner

How many here possess a Concealed Carry Permit?

• No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In the process of getting it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a poll. Feel free to comment if you wish, but not necessary.

Registered
Got mine a little over a month ago...don't carry as often as I like cause I have a hard time figuring out how to conceal it. I won't carry it in my purse, and being its hot here in the south, I can't wear a bunch of clothes to conceal it either...also have to get out of the issue I have of thinking people can SEE that I have a pistol on me.

From what I read, it will take a little while for that feeling to go away

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
People are not as observant as you might think.

Premium Member
I am still waiting after submitting my paperwork, from training and other requirements, since March 24. 11 weeks. But I did talk to someone in local shop, who heard just like Texas there has been an increase in applicants, (since the policital stuff started????).

Registered
Its a 90 day wait here in SC...

Registered
I've had one for over 20 Years here in Washington State. It's due to be renewed next February. I very seldom carry, but I keep it for convenience as having it I can circumvent Washington's waiting period I can walk in and if I see something I like it I can put money down and walk out the door with it same day.

I mainly carry during Hunting Season just to aggravate our local Wildlife Officers just so I can carry a loaded 44 Mag in my vehicle and they can't say anything about it as it's legal. Although I guess now I'll have to start carrying every time I go over to the People's Republic of Seattle and King County.

Registered
SCGirl said:
Got mine a little over a month ago...don't carry as often as I like cause I have a hard time figuring out how to conceal it. I won't carry it in my purse, and being its hot here in the south, I can't wear a bunch of clothes to conceal it either...also have to get out of the issue I have of thinking people can SEE that I have a pistol on me.

From what I read, it will take a little while for that feeling to go away
I don't know if this will help you, my wife carries in a crossbreed holster at 2 o'clock. Appendix carry. She likes to just wear jeans and a loose t-shirt on the weekends. I can never tell she is carrying.

Registered
crossbreed holster? Have to look that one up....someone suggested a belly band also

Registered
Qualified under H.R. 218 (LEOSA)---basically it's a nationwide concealed weapons permit.

Registered
I've carried one since I was 21. I'm twenty four now, I think it's a great thing for people of any age, but they should understand the responsibility of carrying.

Registered
Got mine when they first became legal in Texas. ;D

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well the concealed carry permit was a generic term, since they are labeled something different in each state. Actually mine is a CHL.

Registered
Yeah, in South Carolina it's a CWP for Concealed Weapons Permit

Registered
My wife and I have had our permits for many many years. I'm in the process of getting on of my son's to get his next.

Registered
Round here it's a CCW

Registered
OK, I checked no because in Alaska we don't need a permit to cary either concealed or open. I have been thinking of getting one just in case I decide to travel to the lower 48, but I am in no hurry. I have not been out of the state in 6 years and not planning on leaving anytime soon.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts