Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Concealed Carry Options for the PT1911

2K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  Bamabowtie 
#1 ·
Now that I've had more practice with mine I'm considering a carry holster for it. What seems to be working best for all of you.

8)

#2 ·
I use a Dakota Defender IWB each day of the week. There are about as many options as there are posters on this forum. Most of us have a holster drawer with all of the ones we have tried in the past and just did not take a shine to. (Southern Term) That being said, you will go through the selection process until you find the one most comfortable and appealing to you. Best of luck on your quest.

#6 ·
The Safariland black 528-53 COLT is superb. It's a high rise, molded, no thumbsnap (I don't like them) but the side of the holster next to your body has an extension covering the safety so it doesn't rub on your skin. I have several holsters for the PT1911 but this holds the gun closest to your side and therefore prints the least. It is also suede lined, which is a good thing. Costs in the neighborhood of fifty bucks.

Google Safariland and take a look. (If I knew how to cut and paste you wouldn't have to Google - my apologies).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.