Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am torn between these two guns. I have a PT 24/7 Pro DS 9mm, but find to a bit heavy for comfortable concealed carry.

As between the PT 809C 9mm and the Millennium 111Pro , which would you suggest strictly for concealed carry?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The 809c is almost a 1/2" longer and 2oz heavier. Also, the front sight on the 809 is much taller than the 111, so holster option is important so it doesn't snag. Personally, I like the 809c (13+1 or 17+1) better than the 111 (12+1), but I would probably prefer to conceal carry the 111. The 809c is the middle pistol in this pic flanked by an 809 and 111 G2.

005.JPG

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just my 2¢ . . . . I use a N8² Tactical Original Tuckable holster for my concealed carry. I have two, one for my PT-111 G2, and a larger one for my old Tanfoglio 9mm that has since been replaced with a full size PT-809. The G2 works perfectly in the holster - extremely comfortable, and in 16 months, no one has indicated that they noticed that I was armed, even in my daily office wear (polo shirt and slacks). The Tanfoglio worked fine in the larger holster, if a little heavy, but the PT-809 front sight gets snagged too often for me to be comfortable carrying it in that holster. It may work fine in other holsters, but there is no other holster on the market that shields my skin from the roughness of the grip like the N8² Tactical does.

https://www.n82tactical.com/holster-options/original-tuckable-holster/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts