Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience carrying in PT shorts with no belt? Do you think a desanti IWB holster would work? Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
What are you carrying?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
depends how heavy your weapon is. I would say that unless you can cinch your shorts tight enough that you are going to have serious sag issues. I don't wear pt shorts out in public, but I do at home and my pistol just sits on the end table next to me.

Guys overseas would wear a riggers belt over their pt shorts or like I did wear a shoulder holster, but that was OC as everybody carried a weapon of some sort.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hope your not carrying a 92 in shorts,that will bring them down with the weight,I have a Taurus liteweight revolver thats a pleasure to carryy in short pants,good luck

·
Registered
263 Posts
Carry a few Sub Compacts in cut off Sweats. Use the Blackhawk nylon felt wetsuit type of IWB holster. Its the number 6. My CW40 or my PF9 sits in it real low. Sinch down my drawstring tight and it aint going anywhere. The holster even fits my G22. Would not want to be doing anything to active with it there. But for laying around the house and walking around the property it will still work. The holster even stays in place with a SC when I wear old style green surgical scrubs.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I have a belly band that can carry a full 1911 easily plus a magazine. It has vecro thum breaks (straps over pistol and magainze) so they don't fall out even if I am upside down for some reason. You can easily wear a belly band with any shorts and not worry about modesty issues.

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
I can carry my TCP in a Remora. Stays put, but I haven't tried running with it or anything.

·
Registered
29,918 Posts
I never "trust" elastic bands especially in this scenario.

If I'm wear PT shorts, the CC piece is in a belted holster under the shorts and baggy T-Shirt.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's a pt140, thanks everyone for the input.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I carry the 709 and the 905 in an uncle mikes IWB in my tie waist sweats.

·
Premium Member
11,131 Posts
I've carried a 650CIA and my TCP in pocket holsters. Uncle Mikes, I think. Yeah, there's a bulge, but if a young hottie is staring, that could be a good thing.

:-[

Of course, at my age, she could just think it's a colostomy bag.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
M605 in Uncle Mike's Mirage, belt over gun, untucked shirt.

Works with long pants too.

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
If I am in shorts or sweats with a draw string, I carry my 605SS2 or 85SS2UL in an Uncle Mike's® Size 36 IWB at 4 o'clock. If I am wearing shorts with a belt, I carry the same guns in a DeSantis® Cozy Partner™ IWB, also at 4 o'clock. I also use an Uncle Mike's® size 3 pocket holster & carry in left front pocket. When I'm shaking hands with you with my right hand; my left hand is on the gun in the pocket.

·
Super Moderator
19,803 Posts
I've carried a 650CIA and my TCP in pocket holsters. Uncle Mikes, I think. Yeah, there's a bulge, but if a young hottie is staring, that could be a good thing.

:-[

Of course, at my age, she could just think it's a colostomy bag.
Just don't let the darn thing work its way around to the back side - that will get lots of stares and probably some silenced chuckles:)

In other words, it'll attract the kind of attention you really don't want. You'll WISH you had a colostomy bag to blame it on.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Usually i carry my P-64 in my pocket on my strong side. Just gotta make sure my drawstrings are tight because that little sucker is heavy.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
PT140 MOB everyday all day. It's covered by a t-shirt and I consider that concealed. It may print so what, I've seen worse like T.T. in spandex at wally world.......:)

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
What are PT shorts?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gym shorts, with a draw string, PT = Physical Training, a military thing sorrry lol. From my take an IWB will work, thanks everyone.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts