Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This may or may not have been discussed before, but I'm new, so I thought I'd start a thread on it.

I was outed once--by a nephew. I carried appendix at the time, and he likes to box. This was an occasion where he wanted to spar with me as I was leaving my sister's house (without asking me, mind you). In his boxing stance, his punches land right at about my abdominal region. I tried to avoid him hitting my handgun, but he ended up jabbing it with his glove-less hand. He wanted to know what it was. I told him not to worry about it. He was rather persistent. I told him that it was a device that one day might save my life. That even peaked his curiosity more. I looked at his dad (my bro-in-law), and he nodded. I raised my shirt and showed him the handle of my SD9. He said, "Oh, a gun" and didn't think much of it. He then went on his merry way to try sparring with someone else.

·
Super Moderator
19,941 Posts
Since Ga allows OC, then "no". Even when CCing, I "flash" quite a bit when stooping, reaching, etc but don't worry about it.

I did cc once to a Braves game at Turner Field. Was an LCP in Uncle Mike's pocket holster. Was in my back pocket with my wallet. I also had a cell phone on a belt clip, a pair of mini binocs in a belt carrying case and my small Canon pocket camera in a belt carryng case too.
Seems the more you have to search, the less efficient. I had to open my belt carrying cases and when they patted me down and asked what was in my rear pocket, I pulled the wallet up (but not out of) so they could see it was a wallet. They didn't ask for me to remove it for another pat down. No, not advocating this action and have never tried it since.

·
Administrator
40,171 Posts
No. My church is a hugging church, and a lady gave me an unexpected hug one Sunday morning, and got her hand right square on my carry gun. If she noticed, or thought anything of it, I never knew. I think she was oblivious to it.

Reactions: criderrc

·
Super Moderator
19,941 Posts
Don't guess if you were asked if you were just happy to see her, then?:D

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Ours is a hugging church, too. I haven't been outed but a friend hugged me one morning and hit the concealed pistol (my PT140). He stepped back and gave me the "You're carrying a piece?" look. I nodded and grinned. We talked about it later and have been shooting buddies since then.

·
Registered
461 Posts
The number one grocery store fail of all time: "Young man, would you please reach up and get that bottle/box for me?" asks the little old lady. With my basket in my left hand I start to reach up, and feel my shirt ride up-lower my arm, and switch hands with the basket. Then the "Young man, was that a gun?", to which I replied "No ma'am, it is required emergency equipment". I went on about my business, and made sure when asked again to switch hands. It is required because I require it-for an emergency.......

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Yup, several times....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not yet luckily, I've only been carrying about a year now. I've exposed it on accident a couple times but no one saw. Grocery store got me as well!

·
Registered
477 Posts
One time when I was going into a store the wind blew my overshirt up and a leo saw my gun (1911). He just asked me if it was a .45.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Not really outed, but surprised somebody when I took it off and putting under the seat to go into a restricted place.
They had no idea I was carrying. They gave me a concerned look until I told them the background checks involved and then they later admitted they felt safer.

I think it was more of a shock to them as they just had no idea I carried

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Summer time carry is very difficult here in Florida so it's inevitable unless you pocket carry; which I do not. My wife used to bust me occasionally, but then she got used to me in CC mode.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I usually open carry and only cc if my shirt or jacket hide it naturally. Pa is Oc friendly and so are the people who just toss out their "compliments"

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Once, getting out of the car at the dry cleaners my shirt rode up. A homeless guy was approaching me from the rear to hit me up for change. I saw him about 20 feet away about the same time he spotted the gun on my belt. He was surprisingly blasé about it. "Hey mister don't shoot, got any spare change?"

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I was in a little burger bar yesterday setting at the bar eating my burger.A man walked by me headed to the restroom, he was looking at my front pocket when passing. On the way back he nodded and smiled. Pants had pulled tight around my 941UL. I think he must have been carrying to even notice, we didn't speak.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
I was in a little burger bar yesterday setting at the bar eating my burger.A man walked by me headed to the restroom, he was looking at my front pocket when passing. On the way back he nodded and smiled. Pants had pulled tight around my 941UL. I think he must have been carrying to even notice, we didn't speak.
What kind of bar was it? Might have been wondering if you had a gun or just happy to see him.:cool:

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Scout, not that type of bar, but I never looked at it that way. Thanks for the nasty thoughts now in my head. I go there quite abit, little town of 175 , 5 miles from our farm.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
I was just messing. But you are right in that a carrier will probably more likely notice others carrying.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts