Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was killing time at work and came across these badges for people who concealed carry.

Concealed Weapon Badge

Am i missing something or is this the dumbest thing ever. Wearing a badge that says you CONCEALED carry completly defeats the purpose of keeping the weapon CONCEALED. People really will buy anything...

·
Administrator
41,052 Posts
It's been a while since we discussed this, but most agreed, a person that feels the need to have one of these, really needs to rethink their reasons for carrying a firearm. Mall ninjas and plinksters toys.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
A really good way to be arrested for impersonating an idiot! I don't guess that would be impersonating, would it!

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
My daughter's soccer coach wears a CW badge on his belt. He has a serious "Little Man" complex. 5'4" tall, about 240 LBS, and drives a 4x4 Ram 2500 Quadcab with 38" Gumbo Mudders. He wears the badge because he thinks that the thugs will see him as a COP. My COP friends say that they don't like them.

·
Administrator
35,787 Posts
It's a device for somebody who can't stand the fact that they have to keep their gun concealed. I can see some idiot 'accidentally' letting it fall out onto the table at a restaurant, or in a bar, or wherever they happen to be.....

You don't need no stinkin' badges. Really.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
If people want a REAL badge just go join the Sheriff reserve or equivalent.....wyoming has them here. Basicly an unpaid deputy that gets called for events and such. I did volenteer work for the local S.O. here for college credits and worked in the quartermasters and filed arrest records for 25 hours.

While filing equipment lists I saw the Sheriff reserve lists of supplied equipment and it was a gun and a badge and a radio. I do think you have to go through the academy though but then you are "off duty" but have a badge. a REAL one.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Real DB behavior IMHO.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
A really good way to be arrested for impersonating an idiot! I don't guess that would be impersonating, would it!
You can be arrested for impersonating the President? I learned something today!

Dumbest idea ever...

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
the badg-y thing pops up in this site from time to time. They are just for the kids that happen to old enough to get a CCW.

·
Administrator
41,052 Posts
Perhaps we should all get CCW Badge tattoo's?
Careful BS. The day might be coming, where gun owners have a number tattooed on their arms. :sad: :shocked:

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Badges, we don't need no stinking badges!

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
But you can save 42% today if you act quickly!!!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts