Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
It doesn't fit the Pc's agenda to report on Good guys with Guns but it is still early they may pick it up

Reactions: ICUKev

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
A good outcome for CCW -- bad guy down, innocents protected, law enforcement standing up for the good guy. News at 11:00, parade to follow.

Predictably, the family of the 'the suspect' (the guy who was shooting towards a crowd of kids) comes out with an incredible rationalization -- the comment from the suspect's father:He could have taken the description of my son, of the car and the license plate and said, ‘Here,’ to law enforcement, so they can do the job they’re paid to do."

At first I thought, "Huh?" How stupid is that -- take a description during an active shooting and wait to turn it over? But later in the article the motivation behind that idea becomes clearer.

Regular disclaimer here about news articles are notoriously unreliable and those of us engaged in the entertainment of second-guessing the whole action weren't there, yada, yada, yada.

First -- how did the gunman empty a dozen rounds into a crowd of people with kids, and NOT INJURE ANYONE? C'mon -- even a sideways gun is more accurate than that!

Second -- it's hard to nail down; one source says the gunman was running AWAY from the crowd after shooting, another says he was running TOWARD the crowd. But the Titusville PD statement says the gunman was running AWAY from the crowd after shooting, so let's go with that.

That would mean the armed citizen, as described by the police statement, confronted the gunman who was in the process of escaping, and was threatened by the gunman because of that confrontation.

That seems to make the armed citizen's response during the incident more of a vigilante action, than a self-defense action. I wasn't aware 'stand your ground' extended to cover, 'stop and detain'.

In any event, it's one in the W column for the good guys and a good example of why we carry.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
It doesn't fit the Pc's agenda to report on Good guys with Guns but it is still early they may pick it up
Wasn't able to click link at work but heard about this story online. Correct as it doesn't fit MSM's agenda so no coverage nationally. If children were injured then it fits the narrative of "guns are bad" so no one needs them (other than law enforcement and my security team but no one else)! ;):D

Reactions: Yissnakk

·
Registered
36,928 Posts
Predictably, the family of the 'the suspect' (the guy who was shooting towards a crowd of kids) comes out with an incredible rationalization -- the comment from the suspect's father:He could have taken the description of my son, of the car and the license plate and said, ‘Here,’ to law enforcement, so they can do the job they’re paid to do."

eye dunt no but to me its a lot easier to get a picture (mug Shot) and a artist rendition and description of the assailant when he is laying there on the ground with a few bullet holes in him than from memory.
I am a simple man!

Reactions: Rotorflyr
1 - 5 of 5 Posts