Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Nov 20, I contacted Taurus by fax concerning a magazine problem. It was defective, either a crack or some reason that the top opening was too wide to hold the rounds in place. I really did not expect a response quickly and possibly not at all.

However, in the mail today, 12-06, I had a box in the mail from Taurus.
I was excited to see that I got a response in 16 days. I opened the box checked the invoice, it was for a replacement magazine for my PT111 Pro 12. :D

My amazment and joy were short lived. Who every filled the request and shipped it, pulled a Magazine for a PT92, 17 rd magazine. Well to make a long story short, I have sent another fax to Taurus concerning what they want me to do with the wrong Magazine. :)

But, I got what I felt was a quick response, and if the puller had looked at what he was shipping a good response. I just wonder if the guy who ordered a Mag for his PT92, is trying to figure out how to make a mag for a PT111 fit his gun. :???:

·
Super Moderator
35,283 Posts
Wow, well, don't have to worry about THAT with revolvers. :D

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
LOL...!

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well here is the next episode of the CS at Taurus!!

Like I said back in Dec. I got the wrong magazine, for a PT92, instead of a PT111,(which by the way had already been replaced by the selling dealer). In late January, I finally got around to sending the PT92 Mag back to Taurus. I also included a letter, saying TY, but the dealer had replaced the bad mag, and I wanted to return the incorrect one.

Well today, I received in the mail a brand new PT111 Mag, No charge still. For every negative I hear about time in repair or response times, I wonder, because within two weeks to 16 days I have gotten two responses from CS that were actually very positive.

·
32,653 Posts
See, what DRAEGER isn't telling you... is that with the right modifications..... and a lot of *&[email protected]#! adjusting... that PT92 mag could be made to fit. Might not function, but it'd fit. ;D
With all the same magazine will fit different brands, makes , and models... who knows.. may be they will fit. :)
Glad to see something positive come out of all this. December seems to have bad Karma for getting things fixed. Holidays being what they are and everybody is under duress and stress.

Not making excuses. :) The holidays are just a hard time to get anything done properly and in a timely manner.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh I looked very closely to see if that 17 rd PT92 could be altered and work in my PT111, I wanted that capacity. I am glad I put away the dremel, and mailed it back. For $2.15, I got my fourth magazine. Now that is a very good price. I actually did not expect it, but I never look a gift in the mouth, or gun in the muzzle!! I am still trying to find a local dealer that has a couple 17 rd 24/7 mags for sale. That could make my defense load almost 100 rounds.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well now we have given out all the ONLINE, outa town sources.

I have about 3 places in town, but either they open later than I am up town, or are out of stock when I get there. They have been historically cheaper than online, but sell out almost as soon as the UPS truck pulls away from the door. But I will be there at the right time one day. I am not anxious, as my bank account is depleted from all these things right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts