Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Wisconsin company is no stranger to firearms. The company is actually built with bullets, ones embedded in glassware, so it comes to no surprise to some that the Christmas gifts given to employees by their bosses will be guns this year. Ben Wolfram, co-owner of BenShot, told the Apple Post-Crescent, that giving handguns as gifts to his workers was to promote personal safety and team building.
The employees were able to pick a handgun of their choice, WBAY reported.

Some of the 16 full-time employees at BenShot are veterans, but there are some at the business who have never fired a gun, Wolfram told the newspaper.
Wolfram said his staff was happy to get the firearms for the holidays.

Chelsea Priest said the gift made her feel empowered and will keep her safe, the Post-Crescent reported.
Not all agreed though, at least originally. Two employees declined the gun, until they took a gun safety course offered by the company. Now they may accept the gift, Wolfram told the paper.

https://www.whio.com/news/national/...ployees-for-christmas/HLMDHN6DXQvw4iXy4r05hJ/

·
Registered
36,790 Posts
guess it depends on the employees and what the line of the business is?
a lot of employees would not want a gun.
we need to realize that while WE appreciate a firearm for various reasons many feel exactly opposite of us.
we all have the right to our feelings and beliefs.

·
Registered
14,099 Posts
we need to realize that while WE appreciate a firearm for various reasons many feel exactly opposite of us.
With this company being semi related to the firearm industry even though in a novelty manner, I think this is appropriate in gesture.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Now that's what I call a swell company to work for!

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
I see it this way- A few employees may exercise their absolute right to say "no thank you" to a free weapon, even with the generous inclusion of a firearms safety course. This does not indicate to me any dissatisfaction with their employer, and those fellow employees who opt in favor of the armament and training may very well save their life at some point.

·
Registered
15,154 Posts
Hope they all passed the background checks; you know, to be all law abiding and stuff.

Reactions: daytonaredeye

·
22,976 Posts
With sixteen employees, I think they'd have a pretty good idea how well the idea would be received. I have that many on my team, and I'd bet I could tell you within one or two who would decline, and who would go wide-eyed and yell "REALLY??!!"

·
Registered
6,900 Posts
I liked that they offered the safety course, i might have also planned a range day with rimfire to get anyone who has never shot a gun and might be warry about them some knowledge about them. These 2 things would do all that can be done to get someone past the initial fear to a point that they might like firearms, or at least no longer fear them.

I'd not use any fear tactics such as showing crimes where having a gun in the home would have helped or things like that, it really is up to the individual if they want the responsibility of gun ownership. If i ran the company i would have offered a cash option as well, after all, you either will find a person who doesnt want one, or, has 10 handguns already and might want some cash going into the holidays. In my case for instance i have pretty much all the handguns i am interested in for target shooting or carrying, so anything i got going forward would be something exotic and expensive. You dont want to be "that guy" when the boss is being nice enough to offer a free gun and while everyone else is getting stuff in the $500 range, your pointing at the raging judge magnum or 500 S&W

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
I commend the company not so much for giving their employees a firearm, but more so for first offering them to take a firearms safety class. Education is priceless, knowledge is grand, even it not immediately used it will be called upon someday for what ever reason.
You're so right! Educating people is key to get rid of firearm myths and lies seen on tv and said by politicians.

Reactions: olfarhors
1 - 12 of 12 Posts