Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm fairly new to pistol shooting. I've shot many in my life, but never owned one until about 9 months ago. Now that I have the PT145, I'm looking into getting the 840. Is the regular frame a good target shooter? I love the compact 145 but I also want to shoot longer range. The 145 will be my main carry weapon, but I could also see carrying the 840 compact. I know it's a personal decision but I just wanna hear your thoughts on it. Thanks.

(post edited to correct spelling)

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
My choice would be the regular size if you are looking for some distance shooting. 4.2" barrel is not that large. The compact would seem to be more of the same.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
^^^^What he said^^^^
I have the full size 809 and its great for target shooting and I could even see carrying it in winter under a coat. But its also too big to carry any other way. If you're just looking for a target shooter go full size.

Reactions: Grimm

·
Registered
612 Posts
While I'm really new to the 800 series (not quite a month with full-size 809), I have to say it's not that hard to conceal, but heavier. Good holster/belt, right clothes. Of course, compact will be even easier to conceal, it's smaller. But I'm thinking you'd get the best of both worlds, concealable, 800 features. It's all good.

Reactions: Grimm

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
I have had both 809 and 809c sold my 809 due to compact was getting the job done at 25 yards all shots hitting 5 inch circle same as 809 and compact had same 17 round clip as large but if going up to 40 cal recoil on smaller could make differnce on which one i would buy but for carry the 809 just did not work could never get comfordable with it,i dont even know my 809c is there after about aweek
jhp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.