Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm fairly new to pistol shooting. I've shot many in my life, but never owned one until about 9 months ago. Now that I have the PT145, I'm looking into getting the 840. Is the regular frame a good target shooter? I love the compact 145 but I also want to shoot longer range. The 145 will be my main carry weapon, but I could also see carrying the 840 compact. I know it's a personal decision but I just wanna hear your thoughts on it. Thanks.

(post edited to correct spelling)

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
^^^^What he said^^^^
I have the full size 809 and its great for target shooting and I could even see carrying it in winter under a coat. But its also too big to carry any other way. If you're just looking for a target shooter go full size.

Reactions: Grimm

·
Registered
612 Posts
While I'm really new to the 800 series (not quite a month with full-size 809), I have to say it's not that hard to conceal, but heavier. Good holster/belt, right clothes. Of course, compact will be even easier to conceal, it's smaller. But I'm thinking you'd get the best of both worlds, concealable, 800 features. It's all good.

Reactions: Grimm

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
I have had both 809 and 809c sold my 809 due to compact was getting the job done at 25 yards all shots hitting 5 inch circle same as 809 and compact had same 17 round clip as large but if going up to 40 cal recoil on smaller could make differnce on which one i would buy but for carry the 809 just did not work could never get comfordable with it,i dont even know my 809c is there after about aweek
jhp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.