1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is no information about the 445 frame shape to look into aftermarket
grips that I can find. I called Taurus and the service tec I talked to
did not know for sure if the 445 was a round or square butt. I called
grips for guns guy did not know if any of their grips fit the 445.

Lets try to figure this out for the people looking for wood grips.
I am sure that if the grip fits close that it can be sanded to fit.
My guess looking at the butt that a medium round butt should fit.

What do you think.
Thanks in advance :bang:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Grips4guns.com has the following for the model 445.

Do a web search, click on revolvers, then Taurus. They show a couple of wood grips that are wood, and some Hogues. Think the woodies were $69.95.

Medium & Large Frame Square Butt
.38 Special and .357 Magnum
Models 17S, 22H, 30, 44, 65, 66, 80, 82, 83, 96, 217, 218, 431,
441, 445, 607, 608, 665, 669, 689, 980 and 981

Jim

·
Registered
32 Posts
Some time ago, I ordered a set of grips from that site for my 445. Despite what the header said, they did not fit, and I had to return them.

Maybe Ajax or Eagle Grips might be able to help. I think Ajax Grips does custom work.

·
Administrator
35,758 Posts
Should be a round butt.....my 455 is round butt.

Aren't these guns essentially built on the Tracker frame? If so, I'm not aware of anybody making wood grips for them yet. Lord knows I've looked.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Compact frame grips.

Should be a round butt.....my 455 is round butt.

Aren't these guns essentially built on the Tracker frame? If so, I'm not aware of anybody making wood grips for them yet. Lord knows I've looked.
They are not fish or fowl or good red meat. The M445ul is a "compact frame" which is not round or square. It has that stubbly little grip frame that nothing fits. Taurus is missing a chance here. I love my 445 and I detest those huge rubber monstrosities that can't be concealed. They stick to your clothes and are impossible to handle cleanly. I have to tell you that if I had know how hard it was going to be to get grips and holsters for this revolver I would NOT have bought it no matter how nice it is. I carry. I can't afford to have something I can't carry properly. If something doesn't turn up soon this gun will be traded off. The website shows this as discontinued...wonder why?

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
Look for grips for a Tracker series revolver, the 4x5 revolvers share the same frame size. I found that information when I was looking for a new grip for my 405, which turns out to be a Hogue 73000 for Taurus Trackers. I needed a larger grip as the factory 'Combat Boot' was too small for my sausage fingers.

Reactions: Qwiks draw
1 - 12 of 12 Posts