Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought this Taurus about a month after it came out and i only have about 400 rounds through it (i'm not sure if this had to do with it needing to be broke in) bit it seems like every mag i get a failure to eject, the casing gets jammed like the slide comes back too fast or something. not sure what to do hopefully yall can help
thanks, gene

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

Not sure what might be causing your issue, but get ready for some ribbing on your title. Never heard of a 23/7 Taurus.:icon_ poke:

You'll probably be asked what ammo you're using.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
You have slipping fingers and failing eyesight, I can tell. I have the same trouble with this keyboard and my 2444/7 compact as well.
Changing ammo and more firing helped but now and then, out of every box of WWB, there will be several FTEject. The good stuff doesn't do that.
I gotta get a stronger light over this keybord.

Reactions: Lmstncwby

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
What I have found that can help is if you do not load the magazine fully but leave out or 2 rounds. Then after you have it broke in with 750 or 1000 start loading it up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow i didn't even notice that, lol. i have used rem 180 grain hollow point umc? and the same thing fmj. at this point i'm not sure what to do because if it is just an ammo issue thats ok but if not i need a gun i can trust because i'm about to get my ccp and i plan on carrying often.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Wow i didn't even notice that, lol. i have used rem 180 grain hollow point umc? and the same thing fmj. at this point i'm not sure what to do because if it is just an ammo issue thats ok but if not i need a gun i can trust because i'm about to get my ccp and i plan on carrying often.
Try some good name brand FMJ ammo, and another brand of JHPs. Sometimes, pistols are just ammo "picky".

Also, try loading just one less round in your magazines for a while and give them a chance to break in.

·
Registered
373 Posts
So i bought this Taurus about a month after it came out and i only have about 400 rounds through it (i'm not sure if this had to do with it needing to be broke in) bit it seems like every mag i get a failure to eject, the casing gets jammed like the slide comes back too fast or something. not sure what to do hopefully yall can help
thanks, gene
You didn't say if you broke it down and really cleaned all the packing "grease" out of it. Taurus really packs it in there, even the two used Taurus guns I have bought needed the stuff cleaned out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have taken it apart and cleaned it but perhaps not enough? i just took off the slide and barrel and cleaned what i could, should i do more? also what is some good ammo that won't break the bank? also thanks for all the help so far, i have taken apart and cleaned the mags as instructed and they seem alot smoother.
thanks, gene

·
Registered
258 Posts
Gene, get you some Gunscubber or non-chlorinated brake parts cleaner. Remove the slide and spray it down good, getting every nook and cranny. Wipe off all excess or blow off with compressed air. Next lubricate with a good aerosol gun oil and wipe excess. As for ammo, I believe in Sellier & Bellot ball ammo (fmj) in 180 grn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts