Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little thought about common sense:
If common sense is supposed to be so "common,"
it's a darned shame that more people don't have it!

Just a little thought. :D

Actually, I consider common sense to be somewhat of a
rare commodity!

·
Registered
63 Posts
locknload said:

rare commodity!
I think I read somewhere else here that common sense is uncommon. Agreed.

·
Registered
329 Posts
they should call it uncommon sense then.

dysgenics runs rampant.

·
Registered
63 Posts
high5apparatus said:
they should call it uncommon sense then.

dysgenics runs rampant.
Our father monkey fell out of a tree and landed on his head.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Common sense eludes many people who needlessly suffer the often unpleasant consequences of a trial and error approach to daily life just because they're too lazy to stop and think before acting.

·
Registered
24 Posts
locknload said:

rare commodity!
correct

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wolverine said:
Common sense eludes many people who needlessly suffer the often unpleasant consequences of a trial and error approach to daily life just because they're too lazy to stop and think before acting.
also correct

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
i think it's being breed out of the human race to be honest.

think about it, the most reckless people are the ones out there breeding like bunnies.

·
Registered
71 Posts
joe sixpack said:
i think it's being breed out of the human race to be honest.

think about it, the most reckless people are the ones out there breeding like bunnies.
And each new generation is even more credulous and careless than the previous.

·
Registered
296 Posts
These headers are throwing me for a loop. I thought his was going to be a discussion of the book by Thomas Paine. If not the book the second word shouldn't have been capitalized. NO?

And yeh, not many seem to have it these days. My head gets sore banging it against the wall some days. Most news is of the no common sense attitude. Some folks must still have it and stay away when the cameras are rolling. Just common sense. ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I seem to notice that you are either blessed with smarts or common sense. Usually not both. I know many very intelligent people that have NO common sense at all. Amazing how they make it through everyday life. I, on the other hand, have never claimed to be "the sharpest knife in the drawer", but was blessed with common sense. Works great for me! ;D

·
Registered
296 Posts
I must be truly blessed. Usually the smartest person in the room and street smarts and common sense to boot. Only place where being the smartest is when getting together with my brothers and sisters. All very smart and the games played with words can be a challenge. Most of them have common sense as well but a few lack street smarts.

But yes most of the very smart people are only smart in a few areas. Get outside their area of expertise and they know very little. Genius's know a lot about quite a few thing but would die on the street pretty quick. :(

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Wow...I want to reply on this, but all this"common sense" words are to much.... :D..lol

Ya all are preety smart in here..
Made my brain hurt trying to follow what is being said... :???: :???: :rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I talk to my kids constantly about making common sense decisions. Somepeople however seem to be missing some part in their thinking process.

·
Registered
377 Posts
The word "common ' denotes that it is the acceptable norm. Common Sense lead our forefathers to make Common Laws. Common Laws were based on what the common man would do or not do. Common Laws were rooted in a common faith in God, which established respect for our commom man or neighbor.

The problem in today's Society is that most of society enjoys their own reflection in the hand held mirror. It is time for society to "Look beyond the mirror" and do what is best for all and not just for oneself.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts