1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
It's his brains that are brass!

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
some people just don't have any sense!! man i like to have wet myself....

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
I call BS. Look closely, the front tire never turns. The helmet camera never changes perspective.

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you look closely, at the very end of the video, you'll see the front tire coming to a stop. The camera doesn't change perspective because it's attached to the helmet. If you look off to the horizon, it's moving all over the place.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
somebody was riding up there before, that you can see a rut across the top where others have rode across before

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
*grin* I like it!!

Sarge

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Whatever the apparatus was on the right side of the screen never bobbled or moved.

I think this is not what it's purported to be.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
It is, there are a few gents who specialize in that form of riding and run a camera the entire time. All the films look like that. The camera is a motion stabilized one. Most of them could be or are or were trials riders.

Sarge

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
i watched again photo shop job, front tire doesn't rotate, no snow kicking up off the tire and the helmet doesn't move at all

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
The camera is mounted to the helmet.

I didn't catch any of the stuff you guys are talking about but I'll watch it again.

I don't know fellas, at the last 5 seconds you can see the tire rotate forward to the slow stop. I'm buying that this is legit, the motion sensitive cameras are pretty awesome and relatively low cost, they make brackets to screw into your helmet and then attach the camera.

·
Registered
548 Posts
That video and te many others on youtube are legit. Ive seen a bunch and watch in person in northern Cali/Nev and the riders are incredible....insane!!

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Not Me! :p

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
The front tire does indeed roll. At that speed and that angle on camera the tire will appear to be still or rotate backwards. The rider is standing rather than sitting. This permits him to control his weight shifts better. You wont see the snow move as it will impact the underneath of that big front fender or fly out the back. His speed is decent but not fast enough to throw over the fender (if it ever can, that fender is a big un and mounted correctly).

Sarge

1 - 20 of 24 Posts