Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to Wallyworld today and for a shade over $28.00 picked up a box of:

Winchester Elite PDX1 .410 Buckshot / .45 Colt Combo Pack Ammo.

I was not aware that Winchester had a "combo pack" and was pleasantly surprised to find it!

The .410 Buckshot has 3 disc buckshots and 12 BBs in each shell, and the .45 Colt bullets are 225 grain bonded JHPs.

There are ten .410 Buckshot shells and ten .45 Colt rounds in the box.

I always like to pass on a good deal when I find one. :cool:

Reactions: PPKman

·
Registered
246 Posts
Wish my walmart would carry stuff like this :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went to Cabela's to pick up a box of .45LC for the range and came across the combo pack. I picked up a box but paid $34 for it!! I need to get over to Wallyworld to see if they have it. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
31,694 Posts
I've never gotten my mind around the "Buckshot discs" for adequate penetration, although they would definitely hurt and dissuade a lot of folks, but I prefer true hardened and plated round buckshot if I'm going to shoot buckshot in a .410. After shooting a friend's Judge at 7 yards and seeing how close the pattern on the PDX and regular buckshot was, I concluded I'd be better off shooting the .45 Colt rounds for putting someone down permanently. I reserve shotshells for the Judge for snakes, 7 1/2 shot , even 6's are fine.

I also like to buy in quantity, 50 rounds to the box of defensive cartridges and 25 to the box of any shotshells although I do have boxes of ten in Turkey loads and Coyote Heavi-Shot "T" shot loads for my 12's.

Even Walmart's price of $28 is still $1.40 per round for defensive loads. I place a value on my life such that I still believe I can get good defensive loads for $1 a round and afford a decent ammo larder for when the Zombie invasion begins.

Okay, I've stated my case, go ahead and start pounding on the spikes.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
91 Posts
I also like to buy in quantity, 50 rounds to the box of defensive cartridges and 25 to the box of any shotshells although I do have boxes of ten in Turkey loads and Coyote Heavi-Shot "T" shot loads for my 12's.

Even Walmart's price of $28 is still $1.40 per round for defensive loads. I place a value on my life such that I still believe I can get good defensive loads for $1 a round and afford a decent ammo larder for when the Zombie invasion begins.

Okay, I've stated my case, go ahead and start pounding on the spikes.
That's what I was wondering - how the price compares to a 50 count box of .45 LC JHP's and a box of .410 defensive handgun loads.

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's what I was wondering - how the price compares to a 50 count box of .45 LC JHP's and a box of .410 defensive handgun loads.

Same here

·
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The last time I bought a box of 25 Winchester Silvertip JHPs in .45 Colt, they cost me $26.99.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went to Wallyworld today and for a shade over $28.00 picked up a box of:

Winchester Elite PDX1 .410 Buckshot / .45 Colt Combo Pack Ammo.

I was not aware that Winchester had a "combo pack" and was pleasantly surprised to find it!

The .410 Buckshot has 3 disc buckshots and 12 BBs in each shell, and the .45 Colt bullets are 225 grain bonded JHPs.

There are ten .410 Buckshot shells and ten .45 Colt rounds in the box.

I always like to pass on a good deal when I find one. :cool:

There is a great youtube video on the Judge by Hickock45 if my memory is correct it runs for over 1/2 hour... good stuff he shoots several different types of ammo including these.Anyone who owns a Judge or is considering one for self defense needs to view this.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Great find! I've always been of the opinion that a shotgun was a shotgun and a revolver a revolver. However, I beginning to rethink this. I can see where the versatility of the combination may make it a great HD gun. I believe I may be getting a hankering. My problem is that when it comes to firearms, I gots too many hankerings. LOL

·
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
My problem is that when it comes to firearms, I gots too many hankerings. LOL
Well, you can always look at it like this: having a "firearms hankering" is much better than a hankering for "wine, wild women, gambling, and drugs". Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
31,694 Posts
Well, you can always look at it like this: having a "firearms hankering" is much better than a hankering for "wine, wild women, and drugs". Just sayin'. :rolleyes:
What about wine, wild women and fast horses?

·
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts