Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this up a year or so ago. Sweet shooting gun from days gone by.

A little back story. A friend of mine is getting up in age (72), he has kids, but they show no interest in guns. He wants to thin his collection so his wife doesn't have to deal with it. He picked me to thin them too. ;D

I say collection, but in reality he could fill a good size museum with what he has. A lot of old S&W, Colts and Winchester rifles.

I've picked up an 1883 Springfield Trapdoor 45-70 from him. A beautiful M1a National Match and... I'll save that for another day. :cool:

Colt officer target.jpg

·
21,944 Posts
No.

Just one picture is absolutely unacceptable.

The Officers Model was the creme de la creme of the Colt lineup until it was replaced by the Python. Let's see some detail shots!

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No.

Just one picture is absolutely unacceptable.

The Officers Model was the creme de la creme of the Colt lineup until it was replaced by the Python. Let's see some detail shots!
Sorry, I will work on getting mo better pictures.

It is a delight to shoot. Has recessed cylinders, uses the front sight to adjust elevation.

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
Range Report Please.

Reactions: Bellows1

·
Administrator
17,592 Posts
Very very Nice Colt .22 !!! :cool: Congratulations and may it serve you well! :smile:

Reactions: Bellows1

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As for a range report... :angel::angel::angel: It's a dream to shoot. The DA trigger is smoooooth, probably 8lb. The SA trigger is :angel: Clearly this was built as a target gun.

I'm looking to pick up a S&W target gun from the 50's. It's every bit as smooth, but a little newer than this one. Be nice to compare them against each other.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts