Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Colt: No Apologies for Arming America

1K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  TXEric 
#1 ·
#2 ·
If I remember correctly back when I was in law enforcement, Colt made the decision that they would no longer sell firearms to individuals,
That they would only sell to military and police. That is why I have never bought another one and never will.

#4 ·
I don't believe Colt would make a call like that. I still see Colts at several LGS around here. Colt would be shooting themselves in the foot if they did something like that.

#5 ·
I like the statement near the end of the article. This is what the Liberals don't understand.
"If the AR-15 was responsible for Sandy Hook, then airplanes are responsible for the World Trade Center. Isn't that one and the same?" he said. "It's the people that do it, not the guns."

So lets ban airplanes.

#6 ·
I saw some of the usual BS but continued to read until I got here...

"However, improving that system would not close the current loophole that allows a person to buy weapons at gun shows with no check at all."

Will they ever get this right!

#7 ·
I saw some of the usual BS but continued to read until I got here...

"However, improving that system would not close the current loophole that allows a person to buy weapons at gun shows with no check at all."

Will they ever get this right!
Not until they convince America to outlaw private sales.

#8 ·

The problem with that statement/thought is that they promote the idea that all gun sales at gun shows are done without a background check. That's not true.

#14 ·
Bingo! One would think, from listening to all the left wing nuts, that all guns sold at gun shows are currently free of any background checks. Simply isn't so. The folks who are selling guns inside the gun show are FFL dealers. There is no way in Hades they would be selling guns off the record. If they were caught doing this, they'd lose their license, and face prison time.

I'm sure there are some private sales conducted by private citizens outside in the parking lot. In fact, the only gun show I've ever attended, back in March of this year, there a few guys walking around with a rifle with a "for sale" sign hung on it. I'm quite sure if he sold that rife, he did it outside in the parking lot.

The problem with that statement/thought is that they promote the idea that all gun sales at gun shows are done without a background check. That's not true.

#10 ·
Colt sells 1000s of ar 15 thru walmart monthly they cant stock em fast enough I cant blame colts public statement
jhp

#15 ·
Here in TX you can set up a table inside and sell to your hearts content as a "private collector". You can also sell walking around inside.
VA laws may be different. But, that being said, most of the larger vendors set up at gun shows here are indeed FFL's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.