Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I just returned from one of the gunshops I run around and saw a clean Colt 1991A1 FS matted finish and all-in-all looks like it has not been fired, breach look clean as well, no copper. They were asking 599$ + tax. What are these going for off the top of your headS?:)

·
Premium Member
10,958 Posts
That's a pretty good price for a Colt. Even a 1991.

Reactions: Tape

·
Banned
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey Jay no box, just pistol and magazine. Does anyone know what they sold for? looks like this;

except it the real black matted

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Brand new blued steel 1991A1's are going for not much under $1K local to me. I can't fathom why, but they sell at that asking price. Used black oxide ORM's seem to start in the $500 closer to $600 range. And those are usually pretty used. They aren't worn out, but they aren't new either. But Colts are getting harder to find and more expensive when you can find them old, new, used, ORM, NRM, worn, or not.

·
Registered
36,023 Posts
lol, actually it means full size.
X--actly!
AFS - almost full size (commander)
NNFS- Not near full size ( Officers Model)-LOL and the seldom seen
LTFS-Larger than full size- (longslide).
NAMH-need any more help?

Reactions: Willboat and Tape

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you're planning on modifications, I'd pass and look for a Series 70 Colt. I have a newer O1991 I bought to shoot the piss out of, and while trigger is good, it's not as good as my Springfield Mil-Spec (series 70) which is at 4 lbs.

I have Colts fairly new, and a few really, really, old models and have never had a problem. I heard people say that some of the new models aren't as well built, but to me it's the finish that doesn't compare to the old ones. Especially on blued finish guns.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts