1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this online.
Brilliantly explained!

bulldog2221 3 hours ago

Their society progressed into a welfare state, funded by taxing the increasingly few productive residents. Their main industry being Easter eggs, the taxes were an especial burden on the bunnies, who eventually gave up and stopped laying the eggs. To divert public awareness away from the civilization's decline, the Easter Island government instituted a massive building program - those big stone heads - to artificially reinvigorate the economy. It had worked for the Egyptians (pyramids)and the Romans (the colosseum games), but, sadly, the big heads had no function except to stare out to sea. The government next legalized pot, which created tax revenue until everybody was too stoned to care. The populace gave up, put to sea in their stone ships, and fared badly, except for a few who made it to Colorado, where they are still stone heads today.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Or Government....

O-stoner.jpg

·
Registered
606 Posts
These should probably be in the Politics Forum.......;D

·
Registered
19,168 Posts
Government gone wrong again..:mad:

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, the government had NOTHING to do with this. WE, the PEOPLE, did this. Blaming anything else is typical, but wrong.
I didn't realise you were a resident of Easter Island!

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
I didn't realise you were a resident of Easter Island!
Really? I suppose that the government elected, then re-elected Obama? In this case, Id suggest the old "there are none so blind as who would not see" applies here.

Too many today have replaced actual thinking with buzz-words, or the typical blaming it all on something, anything, else besides our own choices.

Oh, and FYI, sir, the proper spelling is realiZe. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts