Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to share something with everyone here . I know how all you have been so great to Honor Vets and those in the Military . Today I'd like you to read this story of a co-workers dad that spent 882 days as a POW in the Korean war in Korea . Mainly I'm sharing a link to his Obituary that has a short story but there is more to his story . While being captive Mr. Barnhart made 5 instruments by his bare hands . Two he was able to bring back state-side and the family presently have on hand but they are going to be donated to the Korean War National Museum in Springfield, Illinois . Please take a moment to read his obituary .

Harvey Barnhart Obituary - Frank W. Wilson Funeral Directors | Odessa TX

·
22,304 Posts
Such men bless our nation to an inestimable degree. May God bless his family and surviving loved ones.

And wow, I probably couldn't make a playable mandolin here in my home given 882 days and limitless tools. This remarkable man did it while a POW. Unreal.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Thank you for bring this to the net. This is one of those vets that I spoke of in another thread, one that slips away from us without much recognition from the public. I am sure there is a lot more to his story, that could be told of his career and the time spent in captivity. A true hero to his country and family indeed!

saluting vet.gif

Reactions: RonPT24/7

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,948 Posts
Reactions: RonPT24/7
1 - 4 of 4 Posts