Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trip to the range Round 3 - I do need to pratice! Still left or low and left. More were near center though at 21ft. I did get one round dead center in the 'X'. Could not have been more perfect to center.

I was at an 8 lane range and two lanes over were a man and a woman with a Taurus 380 pistol? I think that is what he said, ear protection, I have to read lips. What a cannon! My clothes shook! I would not want to be the BG on the wrong end of that. WOW. Naturally, I told them about this site.

I did try the DRT 9mm 65gr. frag HP rounds...would not load. I tired a single round from the clip and tried to manually load a round. The PT111 slide would not close. It stopped about 1/2 inch short and would not load the round. Returned them no problems to Texas Outdoors. They exchanged my 50 box with 115 gr. FMJs.

Everything else worked fine. Odd. Also, again no issues with my PT111 Pro of any kind. All works just fine. :cool:

Reactions: sparks9293

· Registered
1,131 Posts
Keep working at it and she will treat you right. Make sure to clean it well after every trip even if you only fire a few rounds.

Reactions: CreekFisher

· Registered
5,072 Posts
As you target practice at the longer ranges...21 ft or more may I suggest that you do some shooting at very close ranges 12,9,6, and yes 3 feet. Just to see where the bullets. Aim as well as point shoot, fast as though your life depended on it. It is at these distances you are most likely to have to use your gun so know where the bullets go.

Enjoy your practice...train hard...be well.

· Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
aphdmansoc - will do shorter ranges. Thanks for the advise. I did try a fast four rounds at 40 feet. Target already had holes in it so I got no idea where the rounds went or if I hit the target.
Just want to see how it felt to rattle off a few quick rounds with the PT...worked just as well as one shot at a time. Next time I go, I'll shoot at distances with a fresh target.

Joshnix9 - yes, I do fully clean my PT after every firing. Not only to clean but to get to know the gun. The PT is for home defense so I want it more ready than I would be. Very easy to strip it down and reassemble. I can look for 'issues' also. The PT is new so there aren't any oddities.

I have to say that any concerns if might have had about the PT111 Pro have disappeared. It has worked perfectly for 300+ rounds. Not one glitch. Money well spent I think.
WOW was I impressed with the Taurus 380 revolver though...what a monster!

Reactions: JoshNix9
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.