Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
21,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got PH's student loan paid off. Only took 10 years but it feels very good.

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using TapatalkI

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Reactions: Texheim

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,874 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Congrats! Can't wait to get my house paid off.

Reactions: Montkun and Texheim

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
It does indeed feel good, and I congratulate the two of you!

·
Registered
13,870 Posts
Congratulations on paying the Student Loan off. As a Tax Payer I appreciate the hard effort it took to do so. Way too many people want to simply walk away from this obligation and do just that.

You both should be proud as should your Parents for having raised the two of you right!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
For the record, being Debt Free is like hunting Unicorns. It's a pretty thought but I do believe totally unobtainable.
Not true.

·
Super Moderator
13,811 Posts
:happy: Well congratulations to ya' both!!! :unsure: Maybe now PH can afford to send ya' to obedience school.
Oh, come on now, ks! The student loan was of immense benefit to PurpleHouse, an investment well spent and of benefit to us all. Sending Texheim to obedience school...you might as well flush the Benjamin Franklins down the toilet.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
It's a great feelng! We were but needed a vehicle for the wife. Come November 13 we will only have a house to pay for- in it for 10 and have 7 more years.

·
Registered
13,870 Posts
Not true.
I don't know, I pay off my credit cards each month. But, by the time the payment gets there a new balance has already been posted to the account. And then there is that darn property tax that could either be paid monthly or at the end of the year. And it just as the credit cards only start all over again.

I guess I could say that I am debt free, but payments deferred.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Now if we could get rid of our other house.......
That we aren't using, but paying taxes on, mortgage, electric and gas.......
That would put us in the clear.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
No mortgage, no vehicle payments, but oh, those pesky credit cards!

We are employing the payoff scheme that was posted earlier whereby as the lesser balances are paid off, that money then gets allocated to the next lowest balance.

There is light at the end of the tunnel !

·
Super Moderator
17,624 Posts
We are debt free, outside of a modest mortgage which we could pay off if we wanted too any day. The "trick" is to live below your means. We'll have to buy one new car in the next couple of years. We have the cash for that.

There's a variety of reasons why one might have debt, even with the ability to pay it off. But if your liquid assets are greater than your debt you are indeed debt free.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts