Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well; give the recent problem with my big name FS 40 (cough: S&W cough) by exhaustive search has lead be to a 24/7 Pro Compact. I've been lurking on the site for about a week (thanks Nathan for fixing my account) and most of my questions have been answered but if someone could comment on the following that would be great!

First and foremost, who has the best price? Bud's gun shop wants $330 delivered, but I hear their deliver takes 2-4 weeks?!?

1. The 24/7 has been out for 2 years, the first year in came with 1-11rd mag and 1 -15 rd mag. Now they come with either 2 10's or 2 15's. Since this will be a CCW I'm going to order mine with the 10's... What ever happened to the 11 rd mags? Can they still be purchased? Who's got the best deal on mags?

2. What are the know issues with this pistol? Do you always have to send it back or will Taurus ship you the new parts?

3. Anybody found a night sight for it yet, or a model that is close enough it can be machined? I would love to have some Truglo TFO's, but would settle for a competion F/O front and something like a 10-8 or Warren Tactical rear.

4. Kydex - I know this is covered in the holster sticky, but only for the fullsize model. I want a OWB paddle for a compact. Anyone find one of these? Will one made for a PT145 work?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

BTW, I hope to have this purchased by tomorow or Thursday the latest.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I used Buds for one purchase, but because I live close, I picked mine up. It was a revolver, and it only took 3 days to get to their retail shop, from the Warehouse, that they ship from. You would have an FFL, and shipping time to deal with. I would not think it should take more than 5 to 7 days (some shippers do not move freight on Sunday or Monday)

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I'm in Minnesota and bought 2 from Buds. They both took a week to get here.

Were the mags 11rds or was the gun capacity 11(10 in the mag, 1 in the chamber)?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I just got mine about 4 weeks ago. Came with 1 11 round mag, and 1 15 round mag.

·
32,647 Posts
Fireroad. HAve some homework for you if you so choose.

Most of what we have on the PT140 and ammo are in these links. There are other links within these ones that will take some time to go through,but well worth the time. Especially on something as important as this.

There's just four links being entered here, but there's a bunch more within these 4 themselves.
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=6489.0
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=6041.0
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=5878.0
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=5729.0

Time to break out the beverages and snacks.

·
32,647 Posts
Yep,gotta keep the lower classes in check. A benevolant dictator of sorts. RIIIIGHT! No one's believing that one ,eh? Have to put away the wet pasta cat-o-nine-tails and the Nerf bats. Someone might get suspicious. LOL

Flyer's got the virtual key to the virtual dungeon. Won't let us play among the common folks with our toys.

If anyone is taking any of this seriously report to the virtual dungeon right away.

Since a lot of the facts are already in the archives, it's going to get used if possible. LOL

Actually do like helping others find the needed stuff.

And rewriting it all causes carpel tunnel syndrome.

They don't pay us enough to put up with smart alecky members either. LOL

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Qwiks draw said:
Actually, the staff are all volunteers.
Qwiks draw said:
Naw,you wouldn't do that. We're always serious here. LOL
If you do not believe Qwiks is serious check out some of his homework assignments. :mad: If you do not complete them, and file the virtual report on Flyers virtual desk, in 24 hrs or less. :rolleyes: He Bans you :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts