Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a TCP 380 that the clip keeps dropping out. It is worse when it is fully loaded with ammunition. I have cleaned the pistol along with tried two different clips and both will fall out when you bump the clip. Is there an easy fix or do I need to send it in. I have had the pistol about two years and it started about a year ago.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
I have a TCP 380 that the clip keeps dropping out. It is worse when it is fully loaded with ammunition. I have cleaned the pistol along with tried two different clips and both will fall out when you bump the clip. Is there an easy fix or do I need to send it in. I have had the pistol about two years and it started about a year ago.

That's good because that gun isn't supposed to have a clip.

Okay, now that I am done nit picking, somebody who owns one will give you an idea of what it might be. I'm guessing between spring or the hole in the magazine isn't quire right.

·
22,027 Posts
Does the magazine catch move freely when the gun is empty?

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
5,922 Posts

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
By the way, welcome to the site! We pick in jest, We expect the same back you_gawt_a_perty_mouth.jpg from you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
LOL yes I do know its a magazine not a clip, thanks for reminding me..
The magazine catches does move freely meaning I feel the spring when I puss the release, it has tension on it from the spring but is not binding.
I did not know if the spring just needs to b replaced somethng easy.
The pistol has been in the safe for some time it. time to get it fix or get ride of it.

·
Super Moderator
35,672 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois. Are there any marks close to the holes at the front of the magazine? This might indicate if the mag catch is missing the retention holes in the mag body. Have you got the OEM mag base on them or some aftermarket extension parts? Is there a Handall type grip sleeve that could be putting pressure on the mag release?

·
Registered
36,082 Posts
Do we need a "Sticky Note" explaining the difference between a Clip and a Magazine.
not before explaining the difference in a Slide catch, slide stop, slide release!!!
Its simply difference in what one calls a certain piece on a weapon.
its not like calling an extractor a ejector, which are 2 totally different things.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome from Northern Illinois. Are there any marks close to the holes at the front of the magazine? This might indicate if the mag catch is missing the retention holes in the mag body. Have you got the OEM mag base on them or some aftermarket extension parts? Is there a Handall type grip sleeve that could be putting pressure on the mag release?
No sir there are no marks on the magazine any where. Both mags are OEM that came with the pistol. After looking at it, it like the spring that holds presser on magazine release may be weak. It will hold until I wiggle the base of the magazine then the mag holder will release. With a fully loaded mag it will release just by pulling the pistol from my pocket.

·
Super Moderator
35,672 Posts
I am thinking that it's going to have to take a Miami vacation. It's non-functioning as it is.

·
Super Moderator
35,672 Posts
Let us know how it works out please!

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
I'm dealing with a magazine drop issue in my Mil Pro...I think I have it fixed, but won't know til I shoot in the next few days. Not sure about the 700 series, but Mil Pros have been known to drop mags from time to time during shooting. My impression is that the mag release latch itself isn't making enough positive contact on (and into) the mag slot. This means that everything is torqued enough during shooting to make the mag fall out. What I've done is change the contour of the mag SLIGHTLY so that it's pushed slightly farther to the right when in the mag well, and therefore, has better contact with the mag release latch. I'll give more details when I test my gun and see how well it works.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Do we need a "Sticky Note" explaining the difference between a Clip and a Magazine.
Or...we could all just accept the fact that some people mistakenly call things something they are not. Since we all know what he meant, maybe we could just let it go, or not, as history has dictated on this forum and others.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
I had the same problem with that thingamajig that holds the bullets in my 24/7 Pro 45. I ordered a couple of new thingamajig releases and springs from Taurus and I replaced them myself. It shoots like a million bucks now and doesn't drop it's pants in the middle of a fire fight any more. Good luck with yours, I'm sure Taurus will get it all straightened out for you.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts