Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both of my Taurus Millinneums have a clip draw attached and I use no holsters with them. They work great, I just slip the gun into my wasteabnd and off I go . I carry then at about 4 oclock just behind the hip bone. Anyone else tried this?

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I thought about it with my Kel-tec P11 but, just don't like the idea of not having the trigger covered.

·
Administrator
35,714 Posts
I wasn't aware that the Mil Pros had a screw hole for a clip. My PT145 doesn't, but it's a 3rd gen. What generation do you have?

I'm going to buy one for my Keltec PF9 so I can IWB carry that way from time to time. I don't worry too much about accidental discharge because the trigger pull is so stout.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I used the clip draw with my full size USP in .45 for a while. I found it comfortable. It worked well for apendix carry and the 4 o'clock position. My main concern was retention during a serious tustle and "reholstering" quickly. Some would be concerned with too much body moisture getting to the weapon. Good Luck.

Sam.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
texastaurusguy said:
I wasn't aware that the Mil Pros had a screw hole for a clip. My PT145 doesn't, but it's a 3rd gen. What generation do you have?

I'm going to buy one for my Keltec PF9 so I can IWB carry that way from time to time. I don't worry too much about accidental discharge because the trigger pull is so stout.
If you like the kel-tec you should check out the kahr polymers. Less than an inch thick and flat as Nebraska.
I never tried a clip draw but I have been thinking about it,

·
Registered
878 Posts
I tried one on my Pt111 and though it was convenient, I couldn't find that comfy spot, so I took it off.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
paulrabe78 said:
Thanks Paul,
They are sweet and very concealable, my father in law just got one nice piece. I love my Kahr P9 as well. They are about the same size, but the price of the kel-tec is much nicer. I think they are about the same, I went with the Kahr because I had my heart set on one for a while. been great so far, but I have been eying those kel-tec's as well. Wish I could buy them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shooter:

·
Administrator
35,714 Posts
Kahr makes a really sweet semi-pocket sized 45acp but it's like $650 or so. I went with the Keltec PF9 because of price, mainly.....9mm is the lowest caliber I will purchase (besides 22 LR for my son) and the PF9 is really a nice little gun. It's .88 inches thick, single stack mag with 7+1. Not to shabby. The sights are really nice, too.

·
Super Moderator
21,901 Posts
I can't wait for the 709 I think it will be a hit.

·
Administrator
35,714 Posts
AND it has a safety - I know an accidental discharge is not likely with a 13 lb trigger pull, but I still like having the safety there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts