Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the search thing and read everything there was about cleaning my M85 UL and I kinda think I know what and where to clean without taking the gun apart, which I don`t think I would ever do but I`m hoping that some of you would be kind enough to walk through the steps one more time and also point out where one might want to drop a little gun oil, like maybe down the hammer or the trigger or else where. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
87 Posts
This is a really good writeup with pics.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu46.htm

I follow that procedure pretty much to the T. However, on my stainless guns. I use some Flitz metal polish and a toothbrush around the forcing cone, and a lead away cloth on the front of the cylinder to remove the powder burn marks. Then I run WD on it an run a clean patch through each cylinder hole, and the barrel.

You can use flitz in both places, but as it cleans it shines. So unless you want a shiny gun in places, and factory finish elsewhere...

It's up to you. I have trouble getting the cloth near the upper part of the forcing cone, and have found the polish/toothbrush method easier.

·
Registered
543 Posts
In addition I spry Breakleaner threw the inside workings and after it dries out I spray my lube threw it. DO NOT get breakcleaner on plastick or wood.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the good advice. One more question, in the writeup that godadone posted, he put a drop of oil on the ejector rod and the cyclinder star. What about a drop or two down into the hammer and the trigger, could this be what Dave is referring to and if so then I guess the breakcleaner is needed after a while to keep it from getting all gummed up inside over time? Yes-no?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts