Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am new and this may be a dumb question so bare with me! I have taken on the love of guns recently. My dad and I got into it together and have both become passionate about it. Living in separate states im now on my own! Haha, so simple questions I don't have answers to as quickly. He usually cleans my guns. Anyways, I put 350 rounds through my PT-22 and went home to clean it. When I Put the brush through it, shards of metal came out of the barrel. It wasn't like the typical residue. Is this normal? I did put a lot more rounds through it than usual. I just hope I didn't mess anything up that will affect accuracy. All help is appreciated!

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Welcome to the forum first off, i'm sure you'll enjoy your time here.

Now on to the metal shards, what ammo are you using? If it's round nose lead rounds, you're going to get some shards out of it when you clean it. After a heavy range session with my PT-22 Poly, i can literally flake the lead off the tip of the barrel with my fingernail. Sometimes it helps to run a few copper plated rounds through it to push those out before you go cleaning it, but generally you're going to get a fair amount in the end.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Yep, I get little shiny slivers of lead out of my short barrel .22LR pistols when cleaning the barrel. The slivers will look almost silver as opposed to the usual lead color of a .22LR bullet before firing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts