Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this link of the city of Amarillo gun auction of confiscated guns, both hand guns and long guns. There are some Colts, S & W's, Rugers Sigs and other good guns, some still at reasonable bids. This is what a city should do with these guns. 84 guns

Good luck and good bidding.

Assiter Auctioneers

· Registered
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

· Registered
20,098 Posts
Yep - very cool way to disperse confiscated guns. No middle man - best dollar right to the dept. and the general public decides the market value. They are not giving them away either and it is quite an interesting cross section of guns. % of Saturday Night Spcls is surprisingly low!

Reactions: darbo

· Registered
20,098 Posts
Interesting Taurus .44 special with the ported barrel. What model is that?
I asked myself the same question!! Also the XD .40 #38 is still a decent price - no mag but...

· Premium Member
17,743 Posts
Y'all got some pretty high class miscreants up there if the quality of confiscated weapons is any indication.

· Super Moderator
40,796 Posts
Lot 45 is a steal.

· Super Moderator
40,796 Posts
Lot 45 is a steal.
Bummer I could not get registered fast enough after verifying they would ship to me in Florida, I would have taken a chance on that Colt Woodsman. :(

· Premium Member
16,168 Posts
I'm guessing whoever was typing in the descriptions was not a gun person. All the semi auto pistols had the number of "clips" included and there was one 54mm rifle. :D

· Super Moderator
40,796 Posts
I'm guessing whoever was typing in the descriptions was not a gun person. All the semi auto pistols had the number of "clips" included and there was one 54mm rifle. :D
I noticed the "clip" think as well, still upset I did not see this early enough to bid on the Colt Woodsman.

· Registered
20,098 Posts
...and a .40 caliber revolver?? Has that been made? Strong prices and some interesting guns - some bargains too. I've bookmarked it!

· Registered
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Overall, the auction was a success for Amarillo, some pretty strong prices for guns you didn't get to handle or inspect. They have the auction (gun auction) once a year. I am on the auctioneers email list and will post it next year if it is still legal to own guns!

· Registered
20,098 Posts
Yup, I was just reading about a Charter Arms revolver made in .40 S&W
Good to learn something every day. I knew that 9mm had been produced so why not .40 - time to have a look!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.