Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stainless steel Raging bull has 3 marks on the frame; two right under the cylinder and one near cylinder release. First I thought they were blemisher caused by something I did but now I think the gun came like that from the factory; since new .44 UltraLight model seems to have the same spots in the same places…. ??? plus they are too close to a perfect circle to be accidental.

Can other Raging bull owners check if your gun also have the spots I’m talking about?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Gray_Wolf,
Don't mean to hi-jack your post.But, How is the recoil with 44mag loads?
I'll check my RB for the marks when I get home.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Depends on the load pretty much. I reload and only shot one box of factory ammo (~1400-1500 total round count now). With H110 powder the recoil is pretty stout, but contralable because of the porting, so it's just smacks you in the hand. With starting load with other powders it's not bad at all. I find the more I shoot the gun the ligher I go...haven't used H110 is a while.

Never shot a .44spl in the gun... will try downloading to .44spl specs, I bet it's going to feel like .22 ;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'll bet its stout. H110 is not for whimps!I use it in the 454Casull and it gives apretty good light show with the recoil.
I checked my RB for the circular marks. Mine does not have them. I have the polished stainless version of the Raging Bull not sure if that means anything?

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used to load with H110 all the time at first, (loved the muzzle flash 8)) but desided to switch to something cheaper (with most other powders you need 2-3 times less powder)

btw did you buy your .454 RB new? I though they only make them in blue and matt stainless finish now.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I bought 8lbs. of H110 back when I was into Desert Eagles.Sold my Desert Eagle and bought the Raging Bull. I like the Bull much better.I bought mine used.It was a safe Queen for years.Only had a few rounds fired total.You are right. They don't make the polished version any more.

I'm really getting interested in a gun like yours.
I have a ton of 44mag brass,bullets etc. and no gun to use it in....

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's mine 8)

You can't see any marks (the pic was taken at least 6 month ago) not sure if they weren't there then or you just can't see them...

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Gray_Wolf said:
Here's mine 8)

You can't see any marks (the pic was taken at least 6 month ago) not sure if they weren't there then or you just can't see them...

My RB's both have the "marks" you are referring to. They are very hard to see on the stainless model but they are there. My other Bull is some kind of high gloss blue and the marks are easier to see on that one.

Sorry to raise the dead thread but I digress. I see active members in this one.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
I'm gonna raise the dead again since I'm so late to the part. :bang:

Mine doesn't have these marks.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
I mis-spoke ... mine does have them.

I did lift the hood on my RB though. The one on the bottom closest to the grip is the pin for the trigger, the one in front is the cylinder lock that pokes through the bottom of the frame and clips the cylinder. The third one, under the cylinder release is for the hammer if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I was wondering what those circles were for. I knew it couldn't have been a defect in the blueing.

Thanks for the info Flyer.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
So these pins are basically "machined" into the frame if I'm understanding the internal setup correctly? The circles that appear on the exterior of the frame are an "aftereffect" of the pins being added?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts