Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a SS CJ and was wondering if anyone had ordered the Tactical stock for theirs? Taurus said they had them, but could not produce a p/n so I could order them. I reshaped the grip part of mine and then sprayed it with Combat black Gun Kote. It turned out really good, but I still want the composite stock for canoeing.
Here's a pic:

2011-10-16_11-51-43_920.jpg

·
Registered
32,150 Posts
Looking good. I used to canoe, loved river trips, over night trips. :) I just always kept a model 10 stashed in a waterproof container. Where do you canoe?

How is the accuracy with .45 Colt ammo?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just purchased the Rossi Circuit Judge Tuffy Rifle .45 Colt/.410. I find the black tactical synthetic stock to short for comfortable shooting. Has anyone attempted to swap for the the wooden stock, or the synthetic stock of the Circuit Judge 22LR 22Mag?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Heh you should have traded with Sham! lol This is the next gun I wish to purchase and am torn over which stock to use. Like you the tactical is a bit short but really like the pistol type grip and lightness. The wood looks good and if I got the wood would probably get the stainless version.

Reactions: tcstms

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I got the new Tactical version yesterday...the only thing I do not like is the stock...when holding the grip, the top of my hand, that rests between thumb n index, the feel is almost painful...'course, in a "useful" situation...I really dont think I will care. But if they just more curve on the upside. It would feel better...but an M4 type rear stock would make the length, a non-issue and I guess I should be wearing gloves...I love it anyway...for Zombie killin and such.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Would you be interested in a swap, my wood stock (new two weeks ago) for your plastic stock, does the plastic stock have storage for shells in the buttstock?
Thanks, Jim [email protected], that's the numbers zero zero after the brownmoose

Just purchased the Rossi Circuit Judge Tuffy Rifle .45 Colt/.410. I find the black tactical synthetic stock to short for comfortable shooting. Has anyone attempted to swap for the the wooden stock, or the synthetic stock of the Circuit Judge 22LR 22Mag?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Prior to purchasing my tactical, I looked into buying a stainless and putting the tactical stock on it. I called Rossi and they confirmed that both the short and long synthetic stocks could be purchased for the 45/410. They said the long stock should just be a swap, no problems or fitting. The only down side was the long stock would have 22 storage in buttstock, and as I recall, they were both priced closer to a custom stock than a peice of plastic. I finally ran into a great buy on my tactical and couldn't pass it up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thy advise me that the Part # is 25018167 @ $105.00 + $4.75 shipping.
I have a SS CJ and was wondering if anyone had ordered the Tactical stock for theirs? Taurus said they had them, but could not produce a p/n so I could order them. I reshaped the grip part of mine and then sprayed it with Combat black Gun Kote. It turned out really good, but I still want the composite stock for canoeing.
Here's a pic:

View attachment 22692

·
Registered
13 Posts
CORRECTION: as of 13 Aug 12, I was advised that the synthetic stocks for the CJ .45/.410 & the CJ 22LR were interchangeable, however, they were not available for sale at this time. Have to keep checking for availability.

·
Registered
13 Posts
CORRECTION: as of 13 Aug 12, I was advised that the synthetic stocks for the CJ .45/.410 & the CJ 22LR were interchangeable, however, they were not available for sale at this time. Have to keep checking for availability.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts