Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just traded my 1937 Walther .32 for a new Circuit Judge 410/.45. I have been given .410 3" Golden Bear ammo. I have read that the steel jacket jams after firing, is this a problem?

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
The Judge and Circuit Judge chambers are cut for 45 Colt ammo. That means where the case mouth, bullet section of the chamber is there is a slight step. This is the throat/lead area. This keeps a .454 round from being loaded and fired in the Colt chamber. Full length metal shotgun cases, if they chamber, expand/swell on firing and stick usually in this area. A regular 410 chamber does not have this problem with metal cases/hulls. Because there is a wide range of plastic hull 410 ammo that works it is not a problem for me to pass on the metal hulls in the judge or Circuit Judge. A few of them work with metal hulls, most don't.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
I would stick with ammo listed as .410 Handgun, they tend to have better removal and insertion results than normal .410 shells do.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've tried golden bear shells in my 3" SS magum judge, they all jammed in the cylinder and had to be forcibly removed. Like TheOldRedNeck said, there are too many other options to even fool with Golden Bear, in my humble opinion. I shoot golden bear slugs in my 410 semi auto, but they are not really that much cheaper than anything else. The buckshot option only has 5 pellets of #4 buck, you could go with federal handgun loads that have 9 pellets of #4 or 5 pellets of 000, both those are better options IMO. The golden bear buckshot does group really tight though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts