Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)Hello All I'm the latest FNG,
Went to Wally World for some ammo last week. Came away with my latest addition the Rossi/Taurus

Circuit Judge 45LC/410 Revolver Carbine. Impulse buy for no other reason than I had to have it.

Revolver Carbine never had one or ever shot one. Good enough reason for me.

Have a friend with a Taurus Judge but never got round to sample that shooter.

Range Rio Salado Saturday afternoon 105 deg. Windy. Wear trifocals. 50yd. 4in groups. Winchester 255gr lead cowboy loads.

Neon sights. Not great but not too shabby for me anyways. Daddy likes. Have not tried a 410.

Pleasant recoil. Light weight. Will now be my camp shooter. Will ride with me on a quad.

Course now the need for the 44 Mag Revolver Carbine. Can't find one anywhere. Local dealer checked with

5 distributors. Anyone have or seen one?

Thanks for for letting me spend some time with Ya'll

·
Registered
233 Posts
Welcome to the board. I got a circuit judge almost a year ago. I agree with about everything you said. It is a great little revolver/carbine firearm. I found it plenty accurate too - I can put 4 out of 5 rounds into a touching-holes group in a target at 25 yards. I've got no trifocals yet - but my eyes sure aren't the 20/10 that they were when I was younger either.

I have got TWO nagging little complaints. ONE is not really about the rifle, but one is about the circuit judge. I have never posted it here, but - if anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. My first complaint is that .45 colt/ .45lc ammo is TOO EXPENSIVE. I'm lucky if I can find a box of 50 cowboy-loads for $30 or so, plus tax. I could fire 150 rounds of 9mm for that... Does ANYONE know where to get cheap ammo in 45 colt?
My second complaint IS about the Circuit Judge.

The design of the stock and extractors means that you cannot extract all 5 rounds at the same time. It also means that there's no way you could do a quick reload with a speedloader. Maybe speed-strips would work. It seems not to work for two reasons: the extractor is too short to extract shotgun shells and the stock extends too close to the extractor when it is pushed.
Here are some pics:
extraction-clearance.jpg

I have thought of sanding a bit of the wood off, right there where the cylinder swings out - but I don't know if I could stain it the same color, or if it would look ... all bubba'd up. I really like the way the wood stock and forearm look, so I don't want to mess with that... Have any of you tried sanding 1/4 inch or so off right here?

extractor-sanding.jpg

Thanks again for your review.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah at about a buck a pop the 45LC will not be a weekly shooter. I did save the brass but will not reload. That is another
money pit unless you'll do it with many different calibers for friends and fellow shooters and have a peerless reputation.
Always have a lot of fun with my 22 Ruger Competition Target, An outstanding faultless shooter. A bit expensive to buy
but so cheap to use daily if so desired. Accuracy is second to none. Will help with most all shooting skills. Have a Taurus 357
mag snub nose based on the old Smith and Wesson 626 design. I think that is the number. 38 special rounds are a kick.
For 45 crowd the Colt Mark 4 series 80 Officers model is a hoot to shoot. But not daily. Bought a Glock 17 over 24 years ago
and is the best 9mm, and I've shot a few, that I have ever shot. Took a lot of hits from friends on my plastic gun.

The extractor issue did not bother me too much and if a fast reload is necessary for whatever situation I always have a sidearm nearby.
The Glock 17 with 15 little buddies makes an exceptional reload. And as you say a lot cheaper to shoot than the 45LC.
But I do very much like the Circuit Judge. Such a versatile shooter. Also a hoot to shoot.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
I picked up a Circuit Judge a few weeks back, but have yet to clean it least of all fire it. But, I do look forward to it soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts