Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Reactions: ncfarmer and mingaa

· Registered
1,702 Posts
I don't see a link so, is there a specific church you're referring to or is it just a general comment?

· Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry ... check now

· Registered
3,077 Posts

· Registered
6,010 Posts
My kind of Church

Texas church to host handgun license class | Fox News

Texas church to host handgun license classPublished February 09, 2013
Associated Press

A Baptist church in the Texas Panhandle plans to host concealed handgun training, saying it's offering the class as a community service because there is so much interest in the area.
People wanting to get a concealed handgun license in Texas must take the class. The Rev. Brad Foster of Calvary Baptist Church in Dumas told the Amarillo Globe-News for a story in Saturday's editions that a state-certified instructor will teach the first 10-hour class in the fellowship hall March 2. It covers how to safely handle firearms.
"We've always attempted to think outside the box as far as what the needs of the community are, and I think this melds well with that philosophy," he said.
Two more classes are planned and the church will offer more if there's still interest. Foster said people from across the region, not just church members, have expressed interest in the training. More than half of those enrolled are women and some are teachers.
Jim Edlin, the church's Sunday school director and an organizer of the class, said he looks forward to sharing his experience in the class with others in the community.
"It'll make people feel more secure about where they are, and hopefully the more people get the license the safer we'll all be," he said.
Foster said there has been little negative feedback about the church hosting the class.
"One concern was expressed that this is a political hot-button, especially in our nation, and I certainly am sensitive to that reality," he said. "However, we're not making a political statement, except we don't mind being associated with being in support of the Second Amendment."
Dumas is about 50 miles north of Amarillo.

Read more: Texas church to host handgun license class | Fox News

· Member Emeritus 1946-2018
36,963 Posts
It could happen only in TEXAS! :icon_ poke:

Just kiddin'...:icon_ rocker::happy::icon_ rocker:

· Member Emeritus 1946-2018
36,963 Posts
I predict they'll have a "packed house", and make all the other pastors in the surrounding area very jealous. :D

· Registered
65 Posts
My Pastor is a CCW instructor..and is armed every where he goes. Every church service will have (4) to (6) armed members + the pastor!! this from Lawton, Okla.

· Super Moderator
20,209 Posts

· Registered
2,589 Posts
I have often wondered "What would Jesus carry".
If Jesus could pay his taxes from a coin received from a fishes mouth, he would certainly be able to afford a Glock in 45 acp (he being a rugged and manly carpenter type). That crazy Peter would always have a Taurus Judge with him.

Reactions: btleslie
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.