Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you and your spouse have a difference of opinion when it comes to carrying in a Church? While I think there is nothing wrong with having my weapon concealed on me during service my wife thinks it is wrong. She seems to think it is ok to protect yourself while at home or anywhere else other than Church.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Do you and your spouse have a difference of opinion when it comes to carrying in a Church? While I think there is nothing wrong with having my weapon concealed on me during service my wife thinks it is wrong. She seems to think it is ok to protect yourself while at home or anywhere else other than Church.
I was named after St. Michael so I carry alway's, that's my duty.

Reactions: sgtsandman

·
Registered
21 Posts
Personally, I think I'd start carrying at church first if I went. But then again, I live in Utah. =)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok again does the spouse differ in opinion than you when it comes to the subject of church carry ?I am not asking if you agree or disagree with it Or if you do or don't. Only asking if you are on different sides of the issue.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Let me put it this way, I would be scared to even have that conversation with her.

I think the thought would be that the potential of "violence" doesn't fit? I dunno, my initial thought would be something along those lines. It's considered illegal to CC to a LDS church.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
It may be the "House of God", but that doesn't stop an armed criminal from trying to steal the offerings plate. Most of them are more adept to stealing the copper power wires and A/C parts than coming into the sanctuary. I carry anywhere and everywhere i legally can, the only thing that changes is what i actually carry.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
People please read what is posted before responding. AGAIN I DID NOT ASK OPINION I ONLY ASKED IF YOU AND SPOUSE DISAGREE ON THE SUBJECT .

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
People please read what is posted before responding. AGAIN I DID NOT ASK OPINION I ONLY ASKED IF YOU AND SPOUSE DISAGREE ON THE SUBJECT .
The Mrs and I both carry to church. Yeah.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Hard to disagree with someone who doesn't exist in that capacity, so i guess my answer is no. There is no disagreement since it's crazy to disagree with yourself.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
At first my wife didn't agree but after a couple of shootings in Church's over the last couple years here locally she's for it.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Hard to disagree with someone who doesn't exist in that capacity, so i guess my answer is no. There is no disagreement since it's crazy to disagree with yourself.
I disagree with my self from time to time so I must be crazy. Me, myself, and I are all here. Me and myself don't get along sometime so I have to separate them. Some say I'm schizophrenic and so am I. They also tell me it's ok to talk to yourself as long a you don't answer yourself back. Answer myself back heck sometime it's a down right argument.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
I disagree with my self from time to time so I must be crazy. Me, myself, and I are all here. Me and myself don't get along sometime so I have to separate them. Some say I'm schizophrenic and so am I. They also tell me it's ok to talk to yourself as long a you don't answer yourself back. Answer myself back heck sometime it's a down right argument.
+1 to you sir. I liked that.

Reactions: rodfair

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
My wife knows I'm carrying everywhere I go. Additionally, my pastor has made it clear that concealed carry is allowed and he welcomes it.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
No disagreement with my wife on this particular subject...but there are plenty of other areas where there is the "bone of contention"...but, I won't go there! ;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
99% of the time, my wife and I drive separately to church even though we live less than a mile away. (I participate in the music ministry and have early practices.) After church one Sunday about three years ago, my wife called me to come back to church because her car had a flat tire. One year later, after I received my concealed carry permit, she felt my PT-145 on my side (under my suit) and whispered why I would carry at church. I asked her why she keeps the spare tire in her car when she drives to church!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
My wife and I both carry most everywhere. That is the difference between Oklahoma and Texas I guess; in fact, I have encouraged our pastor to stop telling folks they will go to hell if they keep on sinning and instead tell them they will go to Oklahoma to REALLY scare them. :angel:

·
Administrator
39,367 Posts
My wife doesn't carry, and she doesn't give any thought to me carrying in church. Or anyone else that may legally do so. It's a non-issue. So I guess you might say, she agrees with me!

·
Registered
48 Posts
My wife and I never disagree on carry. Some of that may be due to Kathy Jackson's book.

Might I suggest you have your wife read this web page first, then this web page. They're brief reads but packed with the perspective you may have trouble articulating to your wife. Next, buy her the book being sold by the wonderful Mrs. Kathy Jackson as there are many other bits of perspective my wife enjoyed, which ultimately improved her outlook on carry in general.

·
Registered
693 Posts
My wife and I never disagree on carry. Some of that may be due to Kathy Jackson's book.

Might I suggest you have your wife read this web page first, then this web page. They're brief reads but packed with the perspective you may have trouble articulating to your wife. Next, buy her the book being sold by the wonderful Mrs. Kathy Jackson as there are many other bits of perspective my wife enjoyed, which ultimately improved her outlook on carry in general.
Wow... She's pretty great!

Reactions: Armedpatriot

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
I haven't asked my wife. I don't even know if she knows I carry at church.
She has a slightly different view of the world. I listen to Beck, Rush, Savage, and Quinn + Rose all day. She watches the network news and The View.
Oh, and I am a member of The TaurusArmed.net.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts