Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today the Christmas season began in our house. Translation we are decorating. It is an all day family event. We have wassail or hot chocolate, turn on the Christmas music, start a fire (when it is cold), light the Christmas candle, and of course decorate the tree. The tree is a 8 ft fiber optic job that we picked up in a garage sale with 2 power supplies and 2 light bridges for $5. That's not a misprint. My wife hit the jackpot on this one. It did not come with instructions so I put it up the first few years. Last year I was dealing with something at work when it came time to decorate so my wife got it out and assembled it. The girls relayed the experience to me when I got home. Apparently it took a long time. She had to disable it multiple times and got frustrated.

Fast forward a year. My wife says that she is going to get the tree out and set it up. Now I thought a number of amusing things to myself. Before I could share any of them with my wife I notice that my girls left the playroom and were making their way to seating in the living room. They sat down and with all of the excitement of getting to see a favorite show they say "ALRIGHT!! This is going to be entertaining." I laughed so hard I had liquid coming out of my eyes (not to be confused with crying) and now my ribs hurt.

I must be rubbing off.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL. She gave us all the stink eye and claimed she was offended.

She was laughing too.

Reactions: btleslie and darbo

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
You're late. Me and the kid wanted to put the trees up November 1. The wife said not until the day after Thanksgiving. We defied the wife and did it Thanksgiving night.

We used to do outside lights but some kids murdered my inflatable Santa Claus and Christmas Tree so we don't do that anymore.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been known to ride the short bus.

FYI...Christmas season is NET December 1st if you are doing it right. :p

·
Banned
15,276 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,808 Posts
We always used to set up the weekend after Thanksgiving, and what didn't get done that Saturday, maybe part of Sunday, didn't get done. My wife was so exhausted from teaching, she never had energy to detail decorate the inside like she used to. Now that she is retired, she has been having a ball setting up every little decoration in every nook and cranny. It is SO nice to have the wife of my youth back again! Merry Christmas!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts