Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't recall anyone having post mentioning the North Korean Christmas Gift to the USA that I have read about on the internet.

Surprisingly I haven't seen any news media following the story of this NK Christmas Gift. I can't help but think that if it were not for the headlines being flooded with "Impeachment" news we would be hearing much, much more about this latest perceived cryptic threat.

The masses would be back to building bomb shelters, stocking up on food, and planning escape routes from large cities that could be a target for a small country that has been developing long range missiles controlled my a man with an ego large enough to do something really stupid.

Some how I could see this playing out as North Korea launching a missile towards the US. President Trump taking action to not only erase the incoming threat, but then pushes the button to remove NK from the face of the globe as we know it.

Only to later have the democrats try to impeach him for attempting to manipulate the 2020 election by doing his job as Commander in Chief.

Seriously, anyone have any feelings or care to share your view on the "Christmas Gift" comment from Kim Jong Un?

Didn't know if this belonged in the Political section or not, after all it is also World Worthy News.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Don't know what news sites you read, but this has been all over the main stream news for the last week. Nobody's building bomb shelters. Do what you think is necessary.

·
Registered
14,819 Posts
Park a carrier group off his coast and I think he'll understand the idea of regifting.

·
Registered
18,845 Posts
Park a carrier group off his coast and I think he'll understand the idea of regifting.
He'll be singin' Christmas carols...like...:blink:..."Oh Holy ____!!!"

·
Premium Member
8,347 Posts
He has given us several other "holiday gifts" before, usually in the form of a test firing of one of his missile systems. Just posturing to date, but who knows with that fat little mad man?

·
Registered
14,732 Posts
He has not gotten the attention he wants from President Trump so he does this.

President Trump has set the ground rules and has not backed down from the minimums.

There was a visit to the White House that was floated if certain parameters were met. They were not.

The little dictator really wants to come to America. I think he wants to go to Disneyworld too.

But, he has a hard time understanding that in the big picture, he is nothing more than a tool being used by the Chinese to run interference with the US.

It is not working as they planned because President Trump is not like previous Presidents.

And that is a good thing.

·
Registered
18,845 Posts
Trump should send him one of these...........
81f8efiDTHL._SL1500_.jpg

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
The complexities of world-politics and the inter-nation pressures I do not pretend to understand - - - BUT ! I beleive that the ChiComs have as much to fear from Kim's instability as do we, naybe more. Any nuclear action on or about the Korean peninsula will have a devastating result in much of China, and the ChiComs know that, and they take that into consideration as they give Kim as much leash as they wish for whatever they command. I am not sure they are quite fools, though they are terribly self-centered to all appearances. There may be some in the near-top echelons who know the reality of global war but they may be overruled by the others who cannot stand the humiliation that is coming their way now that President Trump has taken a firm stand on all the issues that have been ignored by previous administrations; tarrifs, intellectual property, outright theft of material information and strategic military secrets (often aided and abetted by persons inside our own nation and government and corporations.).

I, for one, do not think that they will allow Kim to heave a nuclear warhead anywhere. That he may do so without their permission or orders is another thig, entirely, and I suspect he will use the spectre of that threat (under the guise of "personal instability in interntional affairs") as a device to keep normal relations unsettled, hoping that the mere threat will work somehow, in his favor.

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
17,174 Posts

·
Registered
17,174 Posts
The problem I see at this time is that the prevailing winds in Korea during winter would carry any fallout in the direction of Japan., so we couldn't nuke the little nutcase, regardless of what he did. On the other hand, we could bomb him back into the stone age with conventional bombs, and put out the word that we'd keep them there until they got rid of him. I live about 25 miles from Whiteman AFB where our B2 bombers of the 509th Bomb Wing are parked and they can hit any target in the world from here if needed.

We need to have a heart-to-heart with the Chinese and see if they can have a word with him before Walmart stops importing their products. Basically ask the Chinese to disarm him, by agreement or by force, his choice, and be willing to assist them in using force.

·
Registered
14,732 Posts
The problem I see at this time is that the prevailing winds in Korea during winter would carry any fallout in the direction of Japan., so we couldn't nuke the little nutcase, regardless of what he did. On the other hand, we could bomb him back into the stone age with conventional bombs, and put out the word that we'd keep them there until they got rid of him. I live about 25 miles from Whiteman AFB where our B2 bombers of the 509th Bomb Wing are parked and they can hit any target in the world from here if needed.

We need to have a heart-to-heart with the Chinese and see if they can have a word with him before Walmart stops importing their products. Basically ask the Chinese to disarm him, by agreement or by force, his choice, and be willing to assist them in using force.

You had me up until you mentioned asking China to deal with him.

The demands China would inevitably make would put us right back to where we were for 30+ years in regards to US/China relations. We would go right back to huge tariffs on our items going to China and no tariffs on their items coming here.

If anything, we need to continue with the equal trade demands on China and continue with the negotiating tactics that President Trump seems to be making work. If China proposes to help with N. Korea in their desire to influence those negotiations, that would be fine because we did not have to beg them for it.

The leaders of China appreciate strength, that is one thing that is obvious. Begging them to help with N. Korea is not showing strength.

Reactions: Flash60601

·
22,322 Posts
He's dealt with. Let him have his Christmas party. His weapons tests are just bargaining chips. His family has been manipulating the west with them, successfully, for years now. Using them would mean the end of North Korea, and an aircraft carrier or two could do the job. Just like a spoiled brat or an ill-behaved dog, he is what he's been taught to be. Cut him off completely and ignore him. He has no card to beat that play.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Until he really steps across the line and tests a nuclear device above ground or sends a missile into Japan airspace, we just need to ignore him - that hurts him more than anything else. Frankly, I'd love to see us send one of our cruse missiles in and destroy our USS Pueblo. It's one of their national treasures. But N Korea isn't our real enemy - that title belongs to the House Democrats.

·
Registered
18,845 Posts
:unsure:...he's gonna' hav'ta' be able to hit somethin' a whole lot smaller than the Pacific Ocean, before I'm gonna' get too worried.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts