Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just brought my new baby home. :yipee: I was wanting the SS Ultra Lite but settled on the blue as I got a pretty good deal on it. Can't wait to go play !!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Let us know how it does.Considering one myself.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought it at a local gun shop here in Springfield Missouri. They are selling for a premium in this area but I saved some money from buying on line from what I found at Gunbroker ect.

After reading the owners manual this afternoon, I found that it does not even list this gun. Taurus just includes a generic manual for all revolvers it looks like. I do not think this one chambers the 3" but after loading the 2 1/2 there seems some more length left in the cylinder but not sure if it would house the 3". Have you heard if there will be a different model number for the 3" chamber? I hate to buy a box of shells until I know if they will fit.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I like the look of those guns also. There is a test review from a gun mag. on it in the Taurus site, interesting reading.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
I got the 6.5 inch stainless version back in the summer! It sure does make people notice it! I took it to shops to find ammo, 45 and 410, had shop owners offer to take it off my hands immediately, as they had customers who they were trying to get them in for, and could not obtain from their sources.

Did change the grips, due finger behind the trigger guard gave me major pain after a couple rounds of either 45 colt or 410 shot shell.

Only problem has been finding holster that really works and looks nice for it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts