Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Breakfast has always been my favorite meal of the day. On Christmas and most holidays we make Chipped Beef and Gravy with toast and hard boiled eggs. All mixed together. It is great and our family favorite. Also Mandarin Oranges on the side.

What is your families traditional Christmas Breakfast or do you just hold out for Christmas Dinner?

Edit : Yes I know most of y'all will call this SOS. But we break the toast up and add the eggs. :D

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Chinese take out.

·
Premium Member
13,285 Posts
What I had today - tamales and menudo.

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
Apple Brats, fired eggs, a fresh apple Kringle, and a Mamosa!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I got up this morning and went to my parents for breakfast. Had sausage, bacon, eggs, and waffles.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Man, now I am hungry!! Don`t really have a traditional Christmas breakfast. But, I do like sauseage and eggs with hashbrowns and toast. Merry Christmas everyone!!!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Christmas breakfast is usually somewhat of a special meal. Actually, usually it is a family brunch. No real yearly tradition as to what that is though. This morning was eggs Benedict and a mimosa. The real feast will come later today. :D

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
When we go to my In Laws on Christmas day, my FIL makes the awfulest-ugly-looking scrambled egg combo that doesn't taste too bad. Just looks brown, green and red-- no yellow-egg look...

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Today we had pumpkin pancakes and a pot of coffee.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
We start with HUGE cinnamon rolls. Hot and melting the creme topping. Then add mounds of bacon and sausage, pancakes and waffles.

Sarge

Reactions: btleslie

·
Registered
239 Posts
No special breakfast here...Just a simple bowl of oatmeal. Yes we still call the op's breakfast SOS but I love the stuff. Had a great Christmas dinner though and, as usual, ate entirely too much. Merry Christmas to all...Leftovers tomorrow. Wife's already planning a rib roast for New Year's Eve.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Christmas morning breakfast is a tradition at our house. Every year it varies the one constant being a steady flow of Mimosas.

Today we had deer sausage, crab souffle, bacon and cheese souffle, biscuits and gravy, cheese grits, fruit cocktail and hummingbird cake.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Not a tradition, but my oldest daughter made "monkey" bread for breakfast this morning. Coffee of course!

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Christmas morning breakfast is a tradition at our house. Every year it varies the one constant being a steady flow of Mimosas.

Today we had deer sausage, crab souffle, bacon and cheese souffle, biscuits and gravy, cheese grits, fruit cocktail and hummingbird cake.
How many Hummingbirds does it take to make a cake? JJYC!!!

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
No real tradition for us. Today it was sausage links, blueberry waffles, maple syurp, a glass of moo juice, and coffee.

Don't knock the "SOS". I grew up on it along with hambuger gravy and sausage gravy over bisquits or toast!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts