Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an update on the processing time for a CHL in TX currently? I've been told the times may vary at different t imes of the year.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Not sure how long it's taking now, but if you haven't sent it in yet be sure to get tracking on your package.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
I'm in process now; day ~58 still no license.

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
207 Posts
From what I can tell, they are taking up to 30 days from the day they get your packet to assign it to someone to start the process which can take more than 30 days after that. I sent my packet nearly a month ago and still no change in status online.

Sent from my bad a$$ Custom Epic 4G

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
From what I can tell, they are taking up to 30 days from the day they get your packet to assign it to someone to start the process which can take more than 30 days after that. I sent my packet nearly a month ago and still no change in status online.

Yup. It was 58 days until my status changed and now it says back ground investigation in process.

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yup. It was 58 days until my status changed and now it says back ground investigation in process.

This makes me want to just forget the online status lookup exists and find myself pleasantly surprised when it just shows up three months from now, lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone have an update on the processing time for a CHL in TX currently? I've been told the times may vary at different t imes of the year.
I completed the online app in January and after attending my class on Feb 9th, sent everything in on the 11th. Received my plastic on Tuesday April 16th. So just over 60 days. My wife applied exactly the same way and received hers about 2 weeks earlier. I think my holdup was the fact that I used my DD-214 for the veteran discount and they may have been waiting for the VA to confirm things vis-a-vis the PTSD stuff going on now. YMMV.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mine took just under 60 days, my brother in law submitted his paperwork a week before me and got it a couple weeks after me, so closer to 80-85 days for him. My father just turned his paperwork in 4 weeks ago and the online status isn't even showing that it has shown up yet. Also, mine and my fathers had dd-214s and my BIL's did not.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks all, I appreciate it. I did an online app and sent all docs via usps last friday. So I'll wait a week or 2 before I check the site.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Mine doesn't expire until July, but a pal advised me, get it early. Took the class in early April and fired off the paper with a recept requested. Right now it's been 3 weeks, but a call to them (very polite if you can get through) advised me to be patient, as it was taking a month of more for renewals. What new apps are taking, don't know.

BTW, if you're read all the previous posts, and your CHL is aging fast - - - - - - remember that you can apply up to 6 months before expiration. Don't wait!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I renewed men abut 4 months before expiration (whatever the longest length is you can renew it) just in case wait time as long. I got it n less than 30 days but didn't want to be without it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts