Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have quick Q for my fellow Texans i took my class at the first of the year(2008) but im a college student so i didnt have the money to send it in. well i paid for the state fees online about 5 to 6 weeks ago so the state got there money automatically. they sent me a email saying it is all paid for. Now this is were it gets tricky i check online about every week on the status of my license well it reads "No license/permit active" well i know im dealing with the state so they may not change or update the status at all and one day it could just show up if the U.S. mail service ever want to do there job.

so my Q is how long does it usally take i have a totaly clean record. i never even got a ticket for that matter
so what taking so long

·
Registered
285 Posts
The earliest that they claim is 45 days after they begin processing your application, but can be as long as 180 days. It took exactly 92 days before I got mine. After day 45, I began calling to check on my app. My status changed to "License Mailed to Applicant" the day before it arrived in the mail. I'd recommend giving them a call especially if it has been since Jan or even feb.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Not from Texas, but I read somewhere it can be 100 days. I am sure someone will come along soon with the correct answer.

I am in KY, and filed the paperwork with the local sheriff on the 24th of March, they cashed their check on the 31 of March. But here we give the Sheriff part, and the KSP (Kentucky State Police) their part. I have been waiting and finally decided to check and see if anything had gone thru. They say 6 weeks at least. Well on May 1, roughly 5 weeks, KSP cashed my check so I must be close. Then they mail a packet to me, that I take to the Sheriff to get my actual carry permit.

So I am getting more anxious every day. I can understand how you feel. that is for sure.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Make sure that you are clicking on the license tab and not on the instructor tab. If you make the correct selection you will see a message stating "package mailed to applicant". I have seen similar posts on the Texaschl forum and all of the posters made the same error at log in. Its no big deal, sometimes the website is confusing to applicants. Best wishes on your education.

Current wait times are from 60 to 90 days. We hope to correct this in the next legislative session (2009). The law actually states that a license shall be issued within 60 days from the date the application is received and complete unless further investigation is required. However, you would have received a letter from DPS if they required additional time. Unfortunately, the CHL division is severly understaffed. There are no teeth in the law to mandate remedies for processing time beyond the legal limit. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
sbb said:
Make sure that you are clicking on the license tab and not on the instructor tab. If you make the correct selection you will see a message stating "package mailed to applicant". I have seen similar posts on the Texaschl forum and all of the posters made the same error at log in. Its no big deal, sometimes the website is confusing to applicants. Best wishes on your education.
thats what mine says

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Well at least Texas ain't the best at everything ;)

Less than a 2 week wait in AZ for my wife's CCW permit. :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Wow, you guys are lucky. 92 days for mine and my wife mailed hers off on April 14 - still no word or change on the website status. I feel neglected now

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
ALL

9,200 new permits issued in Colorado last year. Glad I got mine in 2007! I think that was about double that of 2006. Folks are waking up, folks. Waiting periods here have increased astronomically. If you find yourself concerned about crime in your neighborhood or assaults on you personally and favor amendment #2, IMHO you are thereby OBLIGATED to apply.

smit

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just wanna say thanks to all but also sbb you were right i was clicking on the instructor part
I clicked on the right section today and it said processing. As of today it been 67 days so i am just gonna have to wait

·
Super Moderator
35,081 Posts
Texas is ate up with political BS when it comes to CCW. After the first course and you get your CCW, the procedure needs to be streamlined for renewals. It's ridiculous. I'm up for renewal this year.....damnit all!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Mine, in Ohio, took 6 business days to be contacted to come in for my license, and another 2 days for me to get in to get it.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Arizona renewal was changed late last year.

Send in $60 to DPS and get your new 5 year card...that's it. No prints, no class, no qualification for renewal. Makes the wife happy. ;D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts