Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This quote implies that other people were stabbed as well but I couldn't find any confirmation of that in other links. Regardless, the CHL holder did prevent others from becoming a victim of a fatal stabbing. In any random attack, the timing usually prevents stopping at least one person from being a victim. The best you can hope for is keeping the number of dead or injured lower than merely waiting for the police to eventually arrive.

A person at the scene of the Meijer location contacted WTOL 11 and gave a description of what they witnessed.

According to the person on scene, around 12:20 p.m. they were at the Meijer parking lot and described seeing "a man in his 20s with a long trench coat" entering Meijer. According to the witness, the man started stabbing people, and the witness said a person with a concealed-carry weapon held the suspect at gunpoint until police arrived.

Some customers said the person who held the suspect at gunpoint saved more lives.

"I''m actually glad that there was somebody there with their license to stop the guy," a customer said, "because if he did that to this person, who knows who else he'd do it to."

The victim and suspect entered the store separately, Emrick said. The victim’s name was not immediately released. The chief did not discuss a motive and the investigation is continuing.

“At this time, we’re reviewing video footage from the store surveillance cameras as well as cellphone camera footage from witnesses at the scene,” he said.

A commotion from the rear of the store drew the attention of some shoppers who had not witnessed the attack.

“We were getting in line and we heard people start screaming in the back of the store,” said Becky Perez, who was with her husband, Rudy. “Then, I see some employees start running and then I see people running from the back. They were screaming and running out the front door.”

A “code 50” was announced over the store’s PA system and employees could be seen running in the direction of the commotion, she added.

“The scary part is we were just back there in that department because Rudy was looking for ... headlights or something in automotive and then I went to the bathroom back there,” Becky Perez said.

https://www.wtol.com/article/news/crime ... a16cc66a86

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/85-yea ... intervened

·
Registered
36,084 Posts
Sometimes y'all just have to over look me, I'm special, short bus special, the doctor said so!
OK --as long as you have been tested and know, some of us haven't been tested yet!
why didn't they call Social Workers--mental therapist instead of the police??

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Excuse my ignorance.. CHL..?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
ManxTom...probably Concealed Holder License. Here in Nevada we call it CCW which means "concealed carry weapon". A permit to legally carry a concealed weapon(s).

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
36,084 Posts
ManxTom...probably Concealed Holder License. Here in Nevada we call it CCW which means "concealed carry weapon". A permit to legally carry a concealed weapon(s).

YEPPERS--Here in MErica most states have all kinds of thingies to allow us savages to hide our guns and be legal.
may be any number of abreviations/names etc.
looking for a Inside the waistband Holster for my carry pistol as we speak!

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Same in Kaliforniastan...

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
YEPPERS--Here in MErica most states have all kinds of thingies to allow us savages to hide our guns and be legal.
may be any number of abreviations/names etc.
looking for a Inside the waistband Holster for my carry pistol as we speak!
I know someone in Ohio who volunteers as part of security team for a large church. Although he has a concealed pistol for when he's away from his car, he is usually in the parking lot covering the front entrance. If he see's someone trying to enter the church with a rifle or shotgun, he can

A: contact someone inside to lock the doors, and
B: is able to use his AR pistol, preventing him from having to face a madman at a disadvantage. In Ohio you have to have a CHL to have a loaded pistol in your car, either openly or concealed (even though you can open carry a pistol outside of your car) You cannot have a loaded long gun in your car period if you are not an LEO. Of course a mass murderer could care less about violating a gun law but good guys/gals are limited by these arcane rules. Even though legally he could walk around the lot open carrying it or a belt fed MG it would offend the sensibilities of the devoted, so he uses his car to conceal the pistol.

Although I don't personally own an AR pistol yet, I test fired a friend of mine pistol in 300 blkout, and was easily getting hits with supersonic ammo at distances up to almost 100 yards (the maximum length of that particular range) and particularly easy at 25 yards, which makes an AR pistol an almost perfect car gun, even if it's hard to conceal on your person. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
That CCW holder...incredible. The emotional and situational control they had to maintain positive control without having to actually fire his weapon.

·
Registered
36,084 Posts
Although I don't personally own an AR pistol yet, I test fired a friend of mine pistol in 300 blkout, and was easily getting hits with supersonic ammo at distances up to almost 100 yards (the maximum length of that particular range) and particularly easy at 25 yards, which makes an AR pistol an almost perfect car gun, even if it's hard to conceal on your person. :)
I have posted these pictures a few times here.
MY wants and uses for the AR Pistol was as a house defense gun just IN case the CZ didn't feel up to some really heavy lifting.
I went with the 300 Blackout as it is super easy to make subsonic.
Mine has a 7 1/2 inch barrel and i outfitted it with a red dot, although it does also have a Laser but don't really plan on using that but have sighted it in.
here is a target shot at 15 yards (it does the same at 25 yards with t he red dot and my old eyes, those are 20 round groups, and of course off a rest.
there just something about having 30 rounds of 220-grain ammo going at sub sonic speed that just makes me warm and fuzzy.
it fits in my truck or car very well too.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
It’s doing me good to watch the line of people at the gun stores here in Kaliforniastan who, after seeing the ‘demonstrations, and protests” on TV, peacefully stealing anything they want from big box stores while the police stand and watch, or the same “peaceful protests” stop traffic on the highways and streets and smash the windows on the cars “peacefully “, decide maybe it might not be such a bad idea to have a gun after all, to defend their family against the mobs. After all, they’ve been told over and over that it’s easier to buy a gun in their area than it is to buy a head of lettuce. A lot of them have probably said they would never have a gun in their house.

I imagine they’re quite surprised to learn that’s not even close to true. And, in addition to passing the background checks, they have to wait 10 days to pick it up, and if it was a handgun, it had to be listed on the Kaliforniastan official roster of models approved for sale in the state. And, ammo may not be readily available for purchase. Most certainly, it will be locked up and inaccessible without a store employee with a key.

Not exactly the situation they have been sold all along by the gun grabber politicians. Those politicians should be ashamed of themselves. They all take an oath of office that includes the statement that they swear to defend our constitution against all enemies, foreign or domestic, then they actually become one of those domestic enemies of it themselves.

Time for me to have some coffee and chill I guess...

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have posted these pictures a few times here.
MY wants and uses for the AR Pistol was as a house defense gun just IN case the CZ didn't feel up to some really heavy lifting.
I went with the 300 Blackout as it is super easy to make subsonic.
Mine has a 7 1/2 inch barrel and i outfitted it with a red dot, although it does also have a Laser but don't really plan on using that but have sighted it in.
here is a target shot at 15 yards (it does the same at 25 yards with t he red dot and my old eyes, those are 20 round groups, and of course off a rest.
there just something about having 30 rounds of 220-grain ammo going at sub sonic speed that just makes me warm and fuzzy.
it fits in my truck or car very well too.

"house defense gun" !!! Geesh, you don't want his life but his soul, too !!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Excuse my ignorance.. CHL..?

In Texas CHL = Concealed Handgun License, which is the older title. Now, any new license is called LTC = License to Carry because in 2016 open carry was permitted the license is suitable for both kinds of carrying of handguns.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts