Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well to all the Texans waiting on Chl i called today and to my suprise i got a person on the line with in 5 min but what she told me was not good. she said that the FBI said i was ok to go but the state is up to 50% backlog and people could be waiting up to a year to see there lic. now it is not first come first serve you just get thrown in to a pile of app. so if you sent your app. in in Feb. it may not even be looked at by now but John Q who sent his in 2 days ago maybe getting it soon

now on a forum for CCW/CHL one man was saying he emailed his State Rep. and said that the state is breakinging there own laws by not issuing withing the giving time line. He got a personal call the next day by his Rep. and was told his lic. was in the mail.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Brother I suggest you do the same. Contact your representative cause what your state is doing is a load of bull crap. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rwcreigh i sent min in a couple months before you and your wife and i finaly had to call them because i am getting pis*ed. Us Texans are just going to have to tell the bad guys to wait to do there crimes as well

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I just checked my email and seen a responce i got from the DPS(i sent a email to them 2 weeks ago and forgot about it)and this is what they said

Mr. Creighton
Your application has not been entered into the system. It is going
though the processes required before entry. When a completed
application is entered you will be sent a confirmation letter with your
PIN number.

Ms. Creighton:
Due to confidentiality reasons, we cannot provide this information to
anyone other then the applicant. If you have any questions or concerns,
please contact us at 1-800-224-5744. Thank you and have a nice day

now i ask you this....what is the " processes required before entry"? i bet it is a nice wat to say a pile of forms.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Looks like Texas ain't the best at everything.... :p :p :p :D

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
RJT CCW said:
Brother I suggest you do the same. Contact your representative cause what your state is doing is a load of bull crap. :rolleyes:
gotta agree, should be processed in the order they receive and also in a timely manner.. a year is'nt..

im afraid i gotta agree make the call, speak up.. the squeaky wheel gets the grease!

·
Registered
21 Posts
NYPD in AZ said:
Looks like Texas ain't the best at everything.... :p :p :p :D
Perhaps not, but they are the biggest at everything. For an Okie, I just love Texas. Citizens in Texas can legally carry a concealed, loaded firearm in their vehicles with no gun license whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I love the fact that in KY, I can OC anywhere, :) but If I get back in my truck without a CCDW, :mad: my gun has to go in the glove box. :???: That still does not make sense to me, but I am not a lawyer, or policitican who writes these laws. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
TheAvenger said:
Perhaps not, but they are the biggest at everything. For an Okie, I just love Texas. Citizens in Texas can legally carry a concealed, loaded firearm in their vehicles with no gun license whatsoever.
I have nothing against Texas whatsoever...it was a bit of dry humor...that's all. ;)

·
Registered
846 Posts
I don't believe the "Pile Thing". Texas has gotten over 2 times the applications already this year than total last year. They were not ready for this I agree. Be kind, remember it's just like talking to Taurus, gettin nasty ain't gonna get it sooner, and may make yours go to the bottom. You can go to their site and check progress.
We may not be the best at everything, we are just gettin tired of no one being there to help us when needed, so this reason along with the idiots in our gov. etc. is why the sudden flood of applicaints. One thing it might show though, if ya gonna rob someone go to another state. :p

·
Administrator
35,622 Posts
I just heard back from the CHL people that it's taking 75 days just to get the application keyed into their system !! I replied back that I thought they had a legal timeframe to turn it around, and she replied back that they really try, but there has been a 40% increase in applications this year......guess I'll get mine before Christmas........

·
Administrator
35,622 Posts
But 75 days just to key in the application....GEEZ !!

·
Administrator
40,346 Posts
Well, ya shouldn't have waited so danged long. I bet it gets better. DPS just didn't expect it. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 135 Posts