Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Qualifying done and test passed. Now just wait 6 weeks.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Good on you Gary

·
Administrator
39,945 Posts
Good for you! Maybe your wait won't be as long as you think! :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
i go may12 and will be taking my pt809...i am a little worried about 15yards...my eyes suck at that distance
Don't worry about it. If you look at the course of fire and how they score, you'll see you could miss all the 15 yards and still pass if you keep the rest in the 8 ring or better at 3 and 7 yards. Everybody in my class passed. There were a lot of inexperienced shooters with pocket guns that passed.

KR Training - Texas CHL shooting test

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn't worry about it. All the class had passed before we got to the 15.

·
Super Moderator
40,554 Posts
Congrats! What is involved in the shooting portion? In Florida I just had to pick up the gun and fire one shot down range. One lady hit the ceiling and still passed.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Congrats! What is involved in the shooting portion? In Florida I just had to pick up the gun and fire one shot down range. One lady hit the ceiling and still passed.
She knew where the trigger is and what to do with it it.:D

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Good for you! Now, prepare to join the brotherhood!! :)

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Just remember, carry safe, carry smart, and carry often!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
20 rounds at 3 yds, 20 at 7 yds and 10 at 15 yds. Max points is 250, pass is 175(I think). 5 points is anything inside the 8 ring.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Love the shooting part in Oklahoma ..They say if you can safely miss you still pass. Congrats on taking your CC. Of course the hardest part is waiting. And I am still waiting for someone to teach me the secret hand shake.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Hand shake?
There's a secret handshake??
You mean like a "fist bump" the O's use?

·
Super Moderator
40,554 Posts
20 rounds at 3 yds, 20 at 7 yds and 10 at 15 yds. Max points is 250, pass is 175(I think). 5 points is anything inside the 8 ring.
Thanks, I am going to try this with my TCP the next time I go to the range.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Another class and test so that you may exercise a God given birth right. You SC boys never had to take a test before you took Ft. Sumter.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts